Welcome to MicroWiki
MicroWiki is the largest online encyclopædia about micronations, small and often rather eccentric nations that are unrecognised by the wider international community. The wiki is being continually improved and updated by 51,388 editors, with content being moderated by a small group of staff and funded by our generous Patrons. Since its creation on 27 May 2005, the site has grown to become the largest micronation-related website on the Internet, with a total of 176,054 pages and 34,140 articles, of which 104 have achieved good article status. Before you start editing, it is recommended that you take a look at our content disclaimer, basic rules of editing, and the nation page guide.
MicroWiki initially began on 27 May 2005 as a website hosted on the Wikicities (later Wikia and now Fandom) wiki hosting service, after being created by Fabian Maximilian Schneider for personal use. Initially available only in English, other language editions of MicroWiki would be launched between 2006 to 2012. MicroWiki became independent from Wikia on 7 November 2010, originally as
microwiki.org.uk. Petya d'Égtavie managed the wiki since becoming independent from Wikia, before selling ownership of the wiki to Jonathan I, Emperor of Austenasia on 13 May 2014. Karl Friedrich became a co-owner of MicroWiki alongside Jonathan I on 14 February 2022. In 2004, Fabian Schneider founded the Sovereign Principality of Seraya alongside classmates Richard Conklin and Matthew McQuade. Seraya eventually proved successful, and sparked the creation of several other micronations in the nearby area. Schneider wanted to be able to easily record information on Seraya and other nations, and so he founded MicroWiki on 27 May 2005 upon registering the domain
This month in history
- Establishment - Free City of Vodopol (1 Aug 2021); Democratic Republic of Sprinske (3 Aug 2021); Kingdom of Krzakacja (4 Aug 2021); Republic of Vertigo (5 Aug 2014); Principality of Lomellina (6 Aug 2014); Sunþrawegaz Kuningadōmas (9 Aug 2017); Kingdom of Richenslland (13 Aug 2020); Kingdom of Lytera (19 Aug 2017); Yungtaria (27 Aug 2016); Holy Empire of Reunion (28 Aug 1997); Ohio Empire (28 Aug 2008); Commonwealth of Wenonah (29 Aug 2018); Exilarchy of Ashoka (30 Aug 2010); Holy Byzantinum Empire (1 August 2020); Kingdom of Richensland (13 Aug 2020).
- 1st -
- The Vlasynian Despotate and the Kingdom of Romania in Sarandë are dissolved. The former is succeeded by the Free City of Vodopol (2021).
- The State of Vishwamitra transitions to a constitutional monarchy following the adoption of its constitution. (2021)
- The Holy Byzantium Empire was restored after the fall of the Byzantine Peoples Republic. (2020)
- 3rd -
- 6th - D. Guilherme I is crowned Prince of Lomellina (2014).
- 11th - King Nik I of Starland abdicates amidst much controversy (2010).
- 12th - The first democratic election in the history of Leylandiistan is held; Fionnbarra Ó Cathail is elected President. Voter turnout is 75% (2013).
- 13th - The Kingdom of Richensland is established (2020).
- 15th - Aenopia declares independence from Empire of Emosia and becomes an Empire of its own (2019)
- 20th - Second Boys vs Girls War: members of the Midget Army provoke a short conflict with the future Third Midget Master and a friend of hers (2005).
- 21st - Lyteran War of the Crown: members of the royal family overthrow King Matthew two days after the official formation of Lytera.
- 23th -
- Juclandia declares independence from Romania (2008).
- As a result of the Vlasyno-Dartirian Crisis, Vlasynia-Dartiria ceases to exist, while both Vlasynia and Dartiria regain their independence, with the former restoring its monarchy and the latter being reorganized as a Revolutionary Republic (2018).
- 25th - Emperor Mother Jayne Belcher is elected the first ever Prime Minister of the Empire of Adammia (2013).
- 28th - The Austenasian Army occupies Commius Flats, annexing it to the town of Wrythe (2009).
- 30th - The Republic of Gurvata and the Democratic Republic of Leylandiistan sign the Treaty of Union, forming the Confederation of Leylandiistan & Gurvata (2014).
Did you know...
- ... that MicroWiki was founded by Fabian Schneider on 27 May 2005?
- ... that Michael Bates was held hostage by German and Dutch mercenaries during an attempted invasion of the Principality of Sealand?
- ... that the Republic of Molossia claims to be at war with the long defunct East Germany, alleging that the state still exists on Ernst Thälmann Island?
- ... that Jonathan I, Emperor of Austenasia, purchased MicroWiki on 13 May 2014?
- ... that Wendatia has had four presidents within the span of a few months?
- ... that New Virginia’s de facto capital New Richmond is not named for Richmond, Virginia; but is in fact named for Richmond Commune in the former Confederation of Amager?
- ... that Phokland’s name originated from the phrase “f**k Poland”; a comment uttered by it’s founder during creation?
- While there have been several forms of micronational conventions in Europe over the years, an official "MicroCon", established by the organization's committee has never been planned...
- 10 Aug - Political Crisis in the MA
- On August 7, 2022, the Chairman of the Micronational Assembly, Fredrick M., removed Anthony I from the position of Council Member and later banned Saspearian from the Micronational Assembly...
- In his first broadcast in several weeks, Emir Charles of Raphania speaks on his attendance in MicroCon2022 this year's international micronational convention. Included are pictures taken at the event...
- Another well planned MicroCon proved successful for its organizers, as well as its attendees this year, as MicroCon concluded today, marking another one in the books for the bi-yearly event...
- Many micronationalists began arriving in Las Vegas last night, especially for those interested in attending Grand Duke Travis’s Welcome Party, which took place at his local residence...
- 2 Aug - Yu-Xian Emperor Matthew Xia Announces New National Chivalric Order to Mark the Successful Reconstruction of the Republic of Yu-Xia
- To mark and celebrate the resurgence of the Republic of Yu-Xia the Yu-Xian Emperor Matthew Xia announced the creation of the Order of the Red Lotus, the second-ever National Chivalric Order in Yu-Xian history...
- The MA Council Election of August 2022 is a General Election to select the August 2022 MA Council. The election has 10 candidates, which makes it heavily contested as, according to the general election procedure, the 5 candidates with the most votes win.
- Vice President Andrew Brotherton is to step down from all micronational positions beginning 1 August 2022, until 1 December 2022, citing mental health reasons. Minister of Defence Kaiden "Stx" Wooten to step in.
- 14 Aug - Ecological County of Urabba announced
- 14 Aug - Happy Bithday, Prince Reece!
- 12 Aug - Successful MicroCon 2022 for Sancratosia
- 12 Aug - The V. Monarch's Decree speaks of the creation of state honours
- 11 Aug - Alliance between Sprinske and Cadoria established
- 10 Aug - Samizdat claims Lamb Island
- 8 Aug - Varladia will support Kaetania in the civil war
- 8 Aug - MicroCon 2023 set to take place near “the Windy City”
- vs. 8 Aug - Lazil Claims that Russia is their "Ally" in the Kae Civil War
- 8 Aug - The mysteries that gave birth to the world’s newest micronation
Analysis and opinions
- Prince Reece I 6 Jul - Analysis: Analysis of the 2022 Kaetanian Province Election
- Stephen Luke 3 Jul - Opinion: A different way of explaining micronationalism to others
- Grandeur Print 27 Jun - Lessons Never Learned: My history with Terry McKeen III
- Princess Aurora Twinkle 25 Jun - My personal life trivia and future goals for Yusienia
- Lostisland.org 5 June - Rabbi Ambassador Linhart: ‘Lostisland is a sleeping beauty’
- PBN News 14 April - Opinion: Snagovian opinion: a future concern?
- Cameron Ramsell 21 Mar - Analysis: Can the New Nationals surprise us?
- Austenasian Imperial Majesty 14 Mar - The Emperor's broadcast on the death of Taras Oliynyk
- Micro Improvement 5 Aug - S2E1: Awards & Medals
- KBRN News 31 July - Dracul News & Weather 07/31/22
- Micro Improvement 22 July - Episode 10: Necessary Departments
- Imperial Elysium Studios 1 July - Elysium the Movie
- 30 June - Broken handcuffs - Anthem of the Snagovian Workers' Party
- TPC 21 June - TPC Elysium Bulletin
- Micro Improvement 17 June - Episode 9: Minding Your Business
- 14 June - TVS startup June 2022