"Edd" Hyerdunscar's Notorious Edd of Carothan
Hyerdunscar's Notorious Edd of Carothan
Edd, September 2010
|2nd Mascot of the Order of the Bullmastiff|
24 April 2014 - 4 April 2017
|Preceded by:||"Rose" Bramarley Paloma of Carothan|
|Succeeded by:||"Lily" Carothan Lilly of the Water|
|1st Guardian of the Imperial Residence|
16 May 2016 - 4 April 2017
|Preceded by:||Office established|
|Sire:||Champion Wonderbulls Amaretto of Copperfield|
|Dam:||Black Current of Hyerdunscar|
|Bloodlines:||Frankental, Graecia, Jobull|
|Born:||29 December 2008|
|Died:||4 April 2017 (aged 8)|
Edd, whose pedigree name was Hyerdunscar's Notorious Edd of Carothan, was a bullmastiff owned and loved by the Austenasian Imperial Family, who lived with them in the Imperial Residence. Edd was born in Bolton and bought from there by Emperor Terry in March 2009, joining Rose, another bullmastiff (his fourth cousin once removed). After Rose's death in April 2014, Edd succeeded her as Mascot of the Order of the Bullmastiff, and was also named Guardian of the Imperial Residence.
Edd was descended from the Frankental and Graecia kennels, both known for producing superb Champions in Britain and overseas. He qualified for Crufts 2010, 2011, and 2012 - attending the latter - and had a hipscore of 26.
Edd suffered from a mild stroke on 27 December 2016, but a visit to a veterinary surgery the next day showed him to have mostly recovered. He had a second stroke on 4 April 2017, and passed away later that day. His age at death - over eight years and three months - is considered a good achievement for a male bullmastiff. On 25 April, an urn containing his ashes was buried in Wrythe Pet Cemetery during a short ceremony attended by members of the immediate Imperial Family and Princess Consort Hannah. A hill near Warlingham was named after Edd in his memory by the Imperial Geographical Society on 1 May the following month, and he posthumously received the Weimar Service Award in 2019.
Role in Austenasia
Emperor Terry planned that if Rose never had any puppies that the Imperial Family kept, then Edd would succeed her as Mascot of the Order of the Bullmastiff. It was unknown if Emperor Esmond III would follow this plan after the birth of Lily, Rose's only puppy, but after Lily was sold Esmond III announced on 16 September 2010 that unless Rose ever gave birth again, he would upon her death make Edd the new Mascot. Emperor Jonathan I passed an Imperial Edict on 19 February 2013 confirming that should Edd still be alive at the time of Rose's death, he would immediately succeed her as Mascot, which he did so on 24 April 2014. He was later given the title Guardian of the Imperial Residence by Jonathan I on 16 May 2016, the day before Pets Day.
Living in the Imperial Residence, over the course of his life Edd met the following dignitaries on their visits to Wrythe (this list does not include members of the wider Imperial Family):
- The now HM Queen Emma I of Copan, July and 18 September 2010
- HIM Emperor Esmond III of Austenasia, 18 September 2010
- James von Puchow of Landashir, 15 July 2012, 23 February 2013, and 8 July 2014
- Sôgmô Will Soergel of Sandus, 15 July 2012
- James Stewart of Francisville, 15 July 2012
- HIM Emperor Taeglan I Nihilus of Reyla, 23 February 2013
- HIH Eritoshi, Countess of Memphis, 23 February 2013 (and several times thereafter)
- Marshal Sir Ash Mitchell, KPP, 23 February 2013
- Sebastian Linden of Francisville, 26 October 2013
- Lady Evren Filgert, Duchess of Dumnonia, 8 July 2014
- Lord John Gordon, 14 July 2015
- HI&SH Princess Hannah of Wildflower Meadows, 21 December 2015 (and several times thereafter)
- Lord Mike Lewis of Lundenwic, 17 December 2016
Edd also starred in the sci-fi series Cool Barbie, playing himself in Cool Barbie III (2009), IV (2009), and IX (2015).
Having such a good showing pedigree, Edd was taken to many dog shows in his first few years, and consistently come in the top three of his class.
There was at one point a requirement for the Mascot to be descended from Champion Ambassador of Buttonoak, and Edd was therefore qualified, being descended in the following way:
- CH Ambassador of Buttonoak (b: 3 May 1953)
- CH Bulstaff Brobdingnag (b: 31 March 1959)
- CH Bulstaff Achilles (b: 2 January 1961)
- Sherharazade of Mureken (b: c. 1963)
- Camelot of Mureken (b: c. 1966)
- CH Thorfin of Oldwell (b: c. 1968)
- CH Nicholas of Oldwell (b: 25 December 1971)
- Leyrigg Bonny Kirsty (b: c. 1974)
- Leyrigg Lady Isla (b: c. 1977)
- Struanmor An Nuna (b: 26 February 1979)
- CH Graecia Centaur (b: 14 October 1981)
- CH Saturn of Graecia (b: 7 July 1987)
- Iron King of Evenstar (b: 6 April 1989)
- CH Ironbru of Evenstar (b: 17 April 1991)
- Graecia Ambition For Troumaca (b: 14 December 1992)
- Troumaca Antillian (b: 22 December 1994)
- Graecia Black Opal (b: 11 March 2000)
- Black Current of Hyerdunscar (b: 9 February 2004)
- Hyerdunscars Notorious Edd of Carothan (b: 29 December 2008)
Edd was descended from the Graecia and Frankental kennels of bullmastiffs, both well-known kennels of British and international Champions.
|Ancestors of "Edd" Hyerdunscar's Notorious Edd of Carothan|