2022 Melitian presidential election
The 2022 Melitian presidential election was held between 10–11 July 2022. The polls were open for 24 hours between 16:00 to 16:00 the next day. It was also planned that should no candidate reach the majority vote (that of 50%), a second round would be held, however this did not happen due to the already dominant Christian Nationalist Party winning the election with 76.5% of the vote. The ECM monitored the election through its whole course.[b] The new President was set to be inaugurated the same day he[c] wins or any future day depending on circumstances.
This election is the first election being held after the transition from a unitary, Christian, presidential republic, to a federal, Christian, semi-presidential republic. Three candidates ran for President of Melite, each with a running mate for Vice President. Out of six parties in Melite, only half of them fielded a candidate. The Christian Nationalist Party was expected to win.
State Gubernatorial elections were also to happen on the same day in all the states and the Autonomous City, but only the Christian Nationalist Party published its list of fielded candidates, and thus they were all unopposed elect.[d]
|Matthew Tonna||Thomas Jacobs|
|Simeon Nikolov||Paul Slawovski|
|Xram Irak||Ted Kaz|
|Part of a series on|
|Elections in Melite|
|Presidential Candidate||1st and sole round 10–11 June 2022|
|Matthew Tonna||Christian Nationalist Party
Partit Nazzjonalista Kristjan tal-FDK Melite
|Xram Irak||Anime Anarcho-Marxist Union||AAMU||3||17.6|
|Simeon Nikolov||Melitian People's Party
Il-Partit Popolari ta Melite
|Division||Matthew Tonna||Simeon Nikolov||Xram Irak||Abstensions[e]|
|Dominica Autonomous City||2||100||0||0||0||0||1|
|Leoni State||NOT HELD||1|
|Socialist Fgura Special Administrative Region||0||0||0||0||3||100||0|
President-elect Matthew Tonna received congratulations from several micronations and micronationalists.
- President of Richensland Nyck Bradaten sent the following message immediately after the revelation of the results, congratulating Tonna for the presidential election win.
The President of Richensland congratulates Matthew Tonna on his election as president of Melite.
Congratulations on winning the presidency of Melite, I'm sure it's going to be the start of a renewed era of development.
- Never democratically elected, first presidential election as a federation.
- Electoral Commission of Melite
- All three candidates are male.
- Where the CNP did not field candidates, the incumbents remained.
- Abstensions are not counted with the percentage of total voters. For example, if in a state with only 2 citizens, one votes and the other abstains, the candidate gains 100% of the votes for that state.