2022 Villorian presidential election
The 2022 Villorian presidential election was held on 8 November 2022. Villoria uses a runoff election system, in which the two candidates with the highest percentage in the first vote advance to a second round of voting if no candidate receives more than half of the vote (In such case, the candidate in 2nd place will form the official opposition). Incumbent President Zoe Jay won, with 65% of the vote. She will be inaugurated for a 2nd term on January 20th, 2023.
On November 8th 2020, Zoe Jay (running with the now defunct Labour Party) defeated incumbent president Matt Costa in the only democratic election held in the USSV prior to it's collapse. No runoff was required, as Zoe Jay received 85% of the votes. The Labour Party, which merged with the Villorian Liberals, can no longer run as a sole party. Resulting in incumbent President Jay having to run with the new Liberal Workers Party. On June 29th 2022, the seats available went from 7 up to 10. Following the recognition of the Villorian Cypriot Territory as a core part of the Federation.
On November 1st, Caitlyn Eleagh of the Conservative Party pulled out of the race, leaving only the LWP and Green Party.
Liberal Workers Party
- Zoe Jay - incumbent president.
- Tristian Wilson - Running for Vice President alongside Zoe Jay.
- Hayden English - incumbent vice president. Will not be running for 2nd term.
- Matt Costa - former president of Villoria and the USSV. Defeated in the 2020 election.
- James Davidson - Running for Vice President alongside Matt Costa.
- Tina Smith - Former leader of the Conservative Party, resigned in 2021.
- Caitlyn Eleagh - Leader of the Conservative Party, MP for Jhkara City.
- Jenson O'Brien - Running for Vice President alongside Caitlyn Eleagh.