First Minister of Pacem
|First Minister of the State of Pacem|
|Term length||9 months|
|Inaugural holder||Liam Alexander|
|Formation||10 July 2020|
The First Minister is the head of government in the State of Pacem as well as the head of the Cabinet. The First Minister is elected every nine months by the people, and their running mate, should they win, becomes the Minister-at-Arms, of which acts as the secretary to the First Minister. The First Minister can also appoint other ministers in the Cabinet by approval of the Monarch, as well as immediate approval to lower-level cabinet positions.
The current First Minister is Jayden Lycon of the Pacem Social Democrats.
The office of First Minister is historically preceded by the position of Advisor to the Emperor or Prime Advisor, which generally was held by Stephen Freayth. It was also the name of the Head of Government for the Federal Empire of Aarbaro. In the 2020 Constitution, this institution was formally replaced with the office of First Minister. The first election for the First Minister was conducted in July 2020 as the 2020 I executive election. Liam Alexander of the Conservative Party ran unopposed and won with 85.7% of the vote.
Alexander would later resign due to personal reasons, causing a vacancy on 1 February 2021 following his resignation. This vacancy would last until July, when Jayden Lycon of the Pacem Social Democrats would be declared the victor of the June 2021 executive election.
As the head of the Cabinet, the First Minister has the power to create ministries, appoint people to those ministries, and organize meetings of the Cabinet. For lower-level Cabinet positions under other ministers, the First Minister approves these appointments rather than the Monarch. They also have the power to veto any bill or motion passed in the Senate.
The First Minister has the responsibility to act as the primary advisor to the Monarch, coming from the office's historical origin as the Prime Advisor.
List of First Ministers
|Position vacant (10 - 27 July 2020)||Nicholas I|
|Liam Alexander||PCP||27 July 2020||1 February 2021|
|Position vacant (1 February 2021 - 4 July 2021)|
|Jayden Lycon||PSD||4 July 2021||Incumbent|
Time in office
Below is a list of First Ministers by their time in office:
- 1. Jayden Lycon - 873 days
- 2. Liam Alexander - 189 days
Below is a list of vacancies for the office:
- 1. February 2021 - 153 days
- 2. July 2020 - 17 days
- Kaos, Nicholas, Stephen Freayth is New PM in Pacem, retrieved 7 May 2021
- Formation of the Federal Empire of Aarbaro Nicholas Kaos, Quo Times, retrieved 6 August 2020
- 2020 Constitution of Pacem Nicholas Kaos, retrieved 4 August 2020
- First Judicial and Executive Elections in Pacem Conclude Nicholas Kaos, retrieved 4 August 2020
- Notice of Resignation to Pacem, Liam Munroe, retrieved 1 February 2021
- Results of the June 2021 executive election and the June 2021 legislative by-election, Pacemian Archives, retrieved 8 July 2021.