Kingdom of Tsurasia
Kingdom of Tsurasia
|Motto: With open arms, we welcome our outcast brethren.|
• Crown Princette (current)
|Establishment||2 September 2013|
Tsurasia, officially known as the Kingdom of Tsurasia, is a micronation located in the United States within the city of Blackey in far southeastern Kentucky.
The Kingdom of Tsurasia was founded by Crown Princette Gil (formerly known as Princess Tiffani) in September 2013. Tsurasia is a country that deeply values individuality; many of its founders are into goth, anime, magick, and the paranormal. It greatly encourages any sort of eccentric and unique thought.
Government & politics
Tsurasia is a matriarchal based monarchy.
Current parliamentary positions include:
- Minister of Magick: Helps to educate others on the uses of various magicks as well as making sure that no one in the kingdom breaks magickal laws such as using magick to harm themselves or others.
- Minister of Foreign Affairs: Deals with publicity of the Kingdom outside of the official channels (ie the official Tumblr blog and Facebook page) as well as making sure our relations with other micronations and macronations remain on good terms.
- Minister of Vampiric Affairs: A special position that was created to govern any sanguinarius activity in the kingdom. Though Tsurasia does allow sanguinarians in the kingdom, their practices are to be governed to make sure that any such activity is condoned by any and all parties involved beforehand and that safe blood-letting practices are being upheld since it could lead to a major safety concern.
More positions will likely be added as necessary.
Other than the Crown Princette who serves as current monarch, there are several other members of nobility, most of which were granted titles due to their contributions to the kingdom as well as their psuedo-familial ties to the Crown Princette.
Current nobility include:
- Lady Amanda (who was granted special nobility as runner-up of our first nobility contest.)
- Lord Joshua, Count of Tsurasia and Minister of Vampiric Affairs
- Lady Martha, Duchess of Tsurasia and Minister of Magick
- Lord Jude, 1st Prince of Tsurasia
- Lady Auri, 3rd Princess of Tsurasia
- Lady Priscilla, 2nd Princess of Tsurasia
- Crown Princette Gil, 1st Princette of Tsurasia (formerly known as Crown Princess Tiffani.) Also currently acting as Minister of Foreign Affairs.
On November 2, 2013 the Tumblr blog for Tsurasia held a special art contest with the winning entry being posted on the blog and the winner being granted a Tsurasian noble title. On December 3, the winner was announced as Tumblr user tick-tock-around-the-clock (also known as Raven) who was given the title of Lady Raven, Viscount of Tsurasia.
Gender neutral titles
Tsurasia now acknowledges gender neutral titles for nobility. They are the following:
- Quing - Gender neutral equivalent of King/Queen.
- Princette - Gender neutral equivalent of Prince/Princess.
Law & order
Tsurasia only has a few set laws, first and foremost among them is known as Do No Harm. This refers to the central law of the kingdom - to do no harm to others. One must not discriminate against another for any reason, one must not lie, steal, cheat, slander, incite (or take part in) fighting, commit abuse or in any way harm another person or their property. Breakage of this law may result in exile from the kingdom if severe enough. Severity is determined by the current monarch along with the entire parliament who help to determine whether or not to warn the offender first or to exile them outright.
Other, more minor laws, include showing respect to the Princette and parliamentary officials as well as to, when able, offer a helping hand out during holiday celebrations and festivals.
Tsurasia observes the following age related restrictions:
- Marriage: Person(s) must be at least 20 years of age to request a marriage license. (Marriages from outside Tsurasia's borders that were legal in their home country shall still be honored regardless of age when wed.)
- Drinking/Smoking: Person(s) involved in such behavior must obey all other Tsurasian laws and be at least 20 years of age to buy, sell or consume alcohol or other substances that are not classed as illegal within the Kingdom. Illegal substances include (but are not limited to): methamphetamine, cocaine, heroin, LSD, MDMA (ecstasy), 'shrooms, bath salts and other similar psychotropic drugs. It is also illegal to intentionally misuse or abuse doctor prescribed drugs in Tsurasia.
Currently, being a peaceful kingdom, Tsurasia does not yet have a military. Though decisions are being made on whether or not to form one as a war on mosquitoes seems imminent.
War with East Germany
Right wing combatants have threatened invasion on May 12, 2018. Chianian Soldiers, (Freikorps) have planned on an invasion, but these fears were averted when the Treaty of Tsuri was Agreed to.
Geography & climate
Tsurasia consists, currently, of a small mobile home, several out-buildings for storage, a natural spring, several trees, and a nearby river. It's physical home is settled within the Appalachian mountain range, climate is fairly moderate; humidity and high temps can be expected in the summer with colder temps and some snow likely in the winter months. Spring may at times bring small floods as well.
Tsurasia hosts many local resources, such as: walnuts, strawberries, raspberries, mulberries, wine berries, pawpaws, and apples. Tsurasia also contains a natural spring where fresh water can be found at almost any time of year, which can be very helpful when Tsurasia occasionally encounters the Dark Times (a loss in electricity in the kingdom). There is also a local animal population consisting of animals such as gray squirrels, raccoon, deer, fish, and possums. However, hunting is expressly forbidden within the Tsurasian border.
Rivers & forests
The river that runs at the edge of Tsurasia's borders (known as the North Fork of the Kentucky River outside of Tsurasia) is known inside the kingdom as the Veridian River for its intense green color. The forest to the southeast of the kingdom is known as the May Apple or Poppy Forest due to the abundance of May Apple and Wild Poppy plants in spring and summer.
Tsurasia has a mightily diverse culture due to being so open to so many unique people. Tsurasia greatly supports the arts and the LGBTQA+ movement as well as enjoying things such as anime and manga and many foreign cultural ideas, such as admiring ancient Egyptian culture and myth, Irish cultural customs, and Japanese culture (both modern and ancient). Tsurasia also enjoys having a close-knit community when it comes to celebrating the holidays and planning festivals.
Tsurasia's official language is English. However, there are, at times, other languages used, such as Japanese and a language known as Ancient Tsurasian that is lightly based on the language of Ente Isla used in the anime Hataraku Maou-sama, the latter being mostly used to refer to holiday names. A chart for converting English to Ancient Tsurasian can be found below. Simply take the English letter on top and convert it to the Ancient Tsurasian equivalent on the bottom. (eg 'Day' becomes 'Xac.') Ancient Tsurasian Translation Chart.
Forms of greeting
There are many forms of greeting that are common within Tsurasia - waving, high fives, fist bumps, nodding, etc. However, when addressing nobility or those of higher rank it is considered courteous to do a formal bow - one forms a triangular shape with both forefingers and thumbs and bows slightly at the waist.
Tsurasian's love their holidays and below is a list of the current official holidays in both their modern English names and their traditional names (except for World Goth Day and World UFO Day, both of which were co-opted form pre-existing celebrations and so have no traditional Tsurasian equivalent name):
|Date||Holiday||Traditional Name||Additonal Info (if necessary)|
|1 January||New Year's Day||Nef Ceakj Xac|
|20 February||Catmas||Yahpaj||Day to celebrate Tsurasia's National Animal|
|14 March||Love & Chocolates Day||Qoge & Ytoyoqahej Xac|
|16 April||Cosplay Day||Yojmqac Xac|
|20 May||Spring Celebration||Jmkinv Yeqezkahion|
|22 May||World Goth Day||*Co-opted holiday|
|13 June||Spook Day||Jmoor Xac||Paranormal-centric holiday|
|2 July||World UFO Day||*Co-opted holiday|
|26 July||Princette's Birthday|
|1 August||Friendship Day||Wkienxjtim Xac|
|28 August||Micronational Day Against Discrimination (MDAD)|
|2 September||Founding Day||Wounxinv Xac|
|31 October||Halloween||Taqqofeen||Tsurasia's highest holiday, to be celebrated with great enthusiasm.|
|4 November||Pet's Day||Meh'j Xac|
|21 December||Winter Solstice||Finhek Joqjhiye|
Though appearing on the official Kingdom of Tsurasia Tumblr blog before, on 15 January 2014, the Kingdom officially announced its mascot character, Tsuri-chan (named after the capital city.) The idea for creating Tsuri-chan was partly influenced by the manga and anime Hetalia and partly influenced by the Crown Princette's desire to draw a cute mascot for her nation.
Tsuri-chan's appearence is that of a girl in her upper teenage years with aqua eyes and red hair that is long in the front (with the hair on her left side being longest) and very short in the back (though she is known to keep it dyed purple and fuchsia.) Her normal attire is a long-sleeved black shirt, star necklace, plaid skirt, black cat ear hat, and thigh highs, although it should be noted that Tsuri-chan loves to cosplay and so can be seen in almost any sort of clothing at any given time. Tsuri-chan considers herself eccentric and outgoing and other than her love of cosplay, she also highly enjoys the arts (though she herself cannot draw very well) as well as ghost hunting and searching the skies for UFOs.
Tsurasian's are known to have a great love of the paranormal so it should not be surprising that many of them claim to of had paranormal encounters of their own. Some of the paranormal encounters that have taken place within Tsurasia's borders are:
- UFO Sightings: Twice during the Crown Princette's younger years, UFOs were spotted directly above the Kingdom. Once, he witnessed one through a window that normally does not show a very large view of the sky. According to him the UFO looked like a large 4-pointed star that stayed stationary for quite some time and seemed as though it was calling to him in his mind. Whether or not the young Crown Princette was merely having a sugar-induced visual hallucination or not is up for debate but another strange unidentified object flying through Tsurasia's skies was later seen in 1997. The 1997 incident, again occurring before Tsurasia officially became a micronation, was that of a bright, small, round craft flying very slowly across the sky and then darting off quicker than any as-of-yet-known aircraft. A few moments after it disappeared over the mountains the first time, it returned, displaying the same odd acceleration as before. At this point the young Crown Princette became very scared (he was only 7 years old at the time) and so he ran home to the safety of his parents home.
- Phantom Cat: Another odd occurrence happening during the Crown Princette's childhood involved the appearance of a phantom feline. The cat appeared to him once while he was playing after dark and seemed to want him to follow it down towards the riverside walking trail. Being too scared to approach such a dark area at night he refused to follow it only to see it disappear right before his eyes. Later, the same cat was spotted inside his parent's house meowing a couple of times and again, disappearing into thin air. It is no wonder after such an encounter that domestic cats were named the Kingdom's National Animal.
Tsurasia is a mostly barter-based society however US currency is also accepted..
Micronations that Officially Recognize Tsurasia (And that Tsurasia officially recognizes in return)
- Kingdom of Harenfall
- Imperial Kingdom of Gillia
- Independent Republic of Sane-ia
- East Germany (Since June 3, 2018.)
- East Germany (Until June 3, 2018)
- Kekistan (Declared war July 4, 2017)
The Kingom of Tsurasia hosts two forms of citizenship:
Class A - Territorial Citizenship - This is the citizenship for local parliamentary officials who live nearby the kingdom and those who helped in the forming of the kingdom.
Class B - Ethereal Citizenship - Available to people seeking citizenship in the Kingdom through on-line means or who are not part of the parliament.
To gain Ethereal Citizenship, one must visit the official Tumblr blog for the kingdom, read through the laws and send a message stating that they understand and will abide by the laws, the public name they wish to use on their citizenship form, as well as information on where they formerly hailed from.
Territorial Citizenship is currently closed and only contains members of the parliament and those who helped to form the kingdom. The only difference in rights between the two is that Territorial Citizens get more of an open say on the passing of new laws that are central to the kingdom's inner workings, such as punishment rulings, land contracts, and matters of succession.