|Date||4-7 August 2022|
|Location||Sam's Town Casino & Gambling Hall, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA|
|Host||Grand Duchy of Westarctica|
|Previous summit||Midsummer Micronational Meeting 2022|
|Next summit||MicroCon 2023|
MicroCon 2022 was a micronational summit that occurred from 4–7 August 2022 in Las Vegas, Nevada. It was hosted by the Grand Duchy of Westarctica. The event was originally planned to take place in August 2021, but it was was postponed to August 2022 because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Planning for the event began in late 2018, when King Timothy of Shiloh and Grand Duke Travis of Westarctica devised a plan to submit a joint bid to host the 2021 iteration of the event in Las Vegas. Their bid was selected from a field of at least three others, and was officially announced at MicroCon 2019.
The first formal planning meeting of the organizing committee occurred on 7 January 2020 at Downtown Disney in Anaheim, California, only a few miles away from the site of the first MicroCon. The two host nation's heads of state were joined by Princess Samantha of Shiloh and Jordan Farmer, the Prime Minister of Westarctica. The event's official website was launched two days later to share the committee's proposed schedule.
Effects of the COVID-19 pandemic
A weekend trip to Las Vegas had been planned in April 2020 in order to make a final selection from a shortlist of three sites. Unfortunately, the COVID-19 pandemic prevented this from occurring. In October 2020, the committee still had not been able to resume planning the event and began to discuss delaying or even cancelling it. After internal discussions among both the planning committee and the main MicroCon committee, the event was moved to 2022.
Planning of the event resumed on 29 March 2021, although talks were initially very slow, as the convention industry in Las Vegas was already overloaded with other events doing the same. In mid-November 2021, Westarctica assumed sole hosting responsibilities after private conversations between Grand Duke Travis and King Timothy. The dates were announced a month later.
The convention followed a format similar to MicroCon 2019's. There was an informal meet-and-greet on Thursday evening at the Westarctican embassy; this was supposed to be a small, private gathering, but was mistakenly made public. Friday morning was the first MicroCon Olympics (hosted by the MOF); these were lightly attended. Friday evening was a semi-formal meet-up at the event venue, and attendees were awarded with the nascent Order of the Polar Cross. Saturday day was marked by presentations; and after these, micronations were encouraged to give out awards before the evening gala, in order to avoid the 4-hour fiasco that was the 2019 awards ceremony. The first induction ceremony for the newly established Micronational Hall of Excellence occurred during that gala, as did the first MicroCon trivia, which was won by the team "Emperor Norton is my Spirit Animal", headed by Molossia and joined by several other micronations. On both Friday and Saturday night, small parties went out to Fremont Street. Sunday morning was bowling, unofficially followed by a trip to OmegaMart.
All nations listed on the official website as having attended, in the order of their registration, with the names they registered under.
- Westarctica (host)
Republic of Obscurium[†]
- Kingdom of Pibocip
- Republic of Nordale[‡]
- Republic of West Who
- Beatus Cras
- Principality of Aigues-Mortes
- Kingdom of Fergus
- Republic of Molossia
- Grand Duchy of Flandrensis
- Empire of Pavlov
- Republic of Slowjamastan
Kingdom of Volletnia
- Kingdom of Shiloh
- Kingdom of Ruritania
- Principality of Sancratosia
- Grand Republic of Moontonia
- Terra Excelsior Republic
- Grand Emirate of Raphania
- Grand Republic of Cycoldia
- Technocratic Republic of Aethodia
- Newgraviate of Saint-Castin
- Kingdom of North Barchant
- Federated States of Gapla
- Ambulatory Free States of Obsidia
- Republic of Soundland
- Empire of Aeternia
- Kingdom of Amethonia
- Kingdom of Pontunia
- † Primary delegate was detained and deported at the US border; secondary delegate cancelled.
- ‡ Primary delegate did not show, and attending delegate was no longer a citizen by the end of the conference.
- † Delegation cancelled due to extenuating circumstances.
- ↑ https://www.microcon2022.com/faq
- ↑ https://www.microcon2022.com/attendees
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 https://web.archive.org/web/20220506181103/https://www.microcon2022.com/registration
- ↑ Principality of Sancratosia (3 April 2022). "The Sovereign Princess set to attend MicroCon 2022". sancratosia.org.
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/groups/microcon2022/posts/1049942952314500
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/groups/microcon2022/posts/1069927466982715
- ↑ https://www.facebook.com/groups/microcon2022/posts/1046955259279936