MicroWiki:Did you know/Nominations
Nominations for Did you know? entries.
A good Did you know? entry is:
- Well-written: An entry should be easily understandable, engaging, concise, with correct spelling and grammer to match.
- Verifiable: An entry should at least have one piece of collaborating evidence, but more fantastical claims may require more supporting sources.
- Neutral: An entry shouldn't be written in a way that unfairly glorifies and bolsters a certain party of group.
- About something that Happened: An entry should be about something that happened, they should ideally not be solely about etymology or government structure.
- Physical: An entry should ideally be about a physical event, something that could have been seen when it happened or tangible after creation.
After reviewing the criteria, an editor should nominate the entry on the nominations page. These nominations can then be commented on, supported, or objected to by other editors, to which the original nominator should take any suggestions and attempt to address them in a respectful and constructive way.
Nominations and their votes will be reviewed three times a year by administrators at the end of April, August, and December, at which point four will be chosen to be featured on the main page alongside two entries that had been previously chosen. This is due to the abundance of possible facts that could be submitted, and to make sure that both new and old ones have a chance of being shown.
If your nomination is accepted, good job! If your nomination wasn't accepted, please consider reworking and tweaking it to give it a better chance in the next cycle. Not many entries will be chosen, and to prevent an endless list of nominated facts each user can only nominate one fact per cycle.
- ...that Northwood-Oregon was mentioned during the 92nd graduation commencement of Clay High School in 2022?
- Nominator: 𝄞 Strubber ♫ Contributions ♩ 20:44, 9 March 2023 (UTC)
- Comment by nominator: Probably the coolest thing i've ever finagled.
- Source: Can be found at 1:09:10 or the selected time in this video of the commencement.
- Support – interesting, fact mentioned in article, and citation correct. ★ ZabëlleNB ♥︎ (formerly Z Luna Skye) (talk | edits) 23:18, 15 March 2023 (UTC)
- …that the word micropatrology was coined in 1973 by the International Micropatriological Society?
- Nominator: ★ ZabëlleNB ♥︎ (formerly Z Luna Skye) (talk | edits) 20:48, 9 March 2023 (UTC)
- Comment by nominator: I think this is fascinating as most micronationalists seem to think that it was coined in 1995, not two decades prior!
- Source: Subversive Sovereignty: Parodic Representations of Micropatrias Enclaved by the United Kingdom, page 51
- Support - Very nice
was suprised to see this nominated so quickly after the rework of all this honestly.
- ...that though Saspearian was officially founded on 20 October 2017, it did not have its national flag until two years later, on 3 November 2019, when it was adopted after a flag contest was held?
- Nominator: Emperor Anthony I (talk) 00:43, 10 March 2023 (UTC)
- Source: Flag Contest
- @Emperor Anthony I: Comment - I think that this is a good fact, but I think it's a bit too long. Can I suggest changing it to "...that Saspearian didn't have a national flag until a flag contest was held two years after its foundation?" It makes it more succinct and retains all important information.
- Support for Strubber's alt hook. Good article, interesting fact, and cited. ★ ZabëlleNB ♥︎ (formerly Z Luna Skye) (talk | edits) 23:18, 15 March 2023 (UTC)
- ...that the Imperial Communist Empire of The Grandest of Korzanastan Declared war on Panama though nobody won or were injured/killed due to panama not knowing that korzanastan declared war on them?
- Nominator: MARSTHEMAN99 9:38, 1 June 2023 (UTC)
- Comment by nominator: it’s true and we say that we won though we didn’t
- Source: Korzanastan files on the page about Korzanastan