Monarchy of Sancratosia
|Sovereign Princess of Sancratosia|
|Prinsesa Suprema de Sancratosia (Lingua Franca Nova)|
|since 1 December 2021|
|First monarch||Princess Cloe|
|Formation||1 December 2021|
|Residence||Princely Palace of Sancratosia|
|This article is part of a series on the|
politics and government of
The sovereign princess (Lingua Franca Nova: Prinsesa Suprema) or sovereign prince (Lingua Franca Nova: Prinse Suprema) of Sancratosia is the monarch and head of state of the Principality of Sancratosia.
Powers of the Sovereign Princess
In Sancratosia, the sovereign plays an important role in politics.
The Constitution defines the powers and duties of the sovereign. Even though there is a separation of powers in Sancratosia, the sovereign still holds a lot of power.
For the executive power, the sovereign can veto laws and the Government Council, is only responsible to them. For the legislative power, the sovereign proposes the laws which the National Council has the power to adopt after modifications. For the judicial power, the sovereign possesses the power and all decisions are rendered in their name.
The sovereign is also the representative of the Principality in foreign relations, acts as the fons honorum of Sancratosia and has a joint responsibility with the National Council for every revisions of the Constitution.
On 2 December 2021Princess Cloe signed a Sovereign Ordinance conferring to herself temporary absolute powers, with an obligatory revision of the emergency measure every month. On 22 April 2022 , Sovereign Ordinance no 56 was adopted which removed the monthly renewal obligations and gave the State Council the power to review the emergency measure.,
Titles and styles
The official style of the sovereign of Sancratosia is Sovereign Highness. This is a style that is unique to Sancratosia and exists because of the lack of a proper translation for the term serene in Lingua Franca Nova, the most common style among sovereign princes and princesses.
The current sovereign's complete titles and styles are, in precedent order of rank:
- Sovereign Princess of the Principality of Sancratosia
- Duchess of Ganso
- Duchess of Siboleta
- Marquess of Monoroca[a]
- Countess of Anserisa
- Countess of Andorinoes
- Countess of Pirsonia
- Countess of Laurensia e Teritorios
- Viscountess of Lupulo
- Viscountess of Colie
- Viscountess of Mercurio, Maio, Talior e Diacon
In official correspondence, the pronouns referring to the sovereign are always capitalized, and the use of the pronouns "We/Our" is preferred to the use of "I/My".
- This title is usually reserved to the heir apparent or, in the lack thereof, to the Sovereign Princess.
- Principality of Sancratosia (2 December 2021), "Sovereign Ordinance no 1 of 2 December 2021 on the temporary exercise of absolute power by the Sovereign Princess of Sancratosia", sancratosia.org
- Principality of Sancratosia (22 April 2022), "Sovereign Ordinance no 56 of 22 April 2022 on the renewal of the temporary exercise of absolute power by the Sovereign Princess of Sancratosia", sancratosia.org