Order of Chandril
|Order of Chandril|
Ordre de Chandril
|Awarded by the Sovereign of Chandril|
|Established||30 November 2020|
|Awarded for||extraordinary services towards Chandril and its people|
|Status||Dormant since 6 February 2021|
|First induction||30 November 2020|
|Last induction||30 November 2020|
Ribbon bar of the Order of Chandril
The Order of Chandril (Hindi: चंद्रिल मानपदवी, French: Ordre de Chandril) is a dormant order of chivalry of the State of Vishwamitra associated with its former special administrative region of Chandril of which it served as the highest and sole distinction. The order was constituted on 30 November 2020 by the Dhrubajyoti Roy, Rashtradhyaksh of Vishwamitra at the recommendation of then administrator of Chandril, Chandrachur Basu.
The order has been dormant since the expulsion of Chandril from the union on 6 February 2021.
On 30 November 2020, Rashtradhyaksh Dhrubajyoti Roy constituted the Order of Chandril at the recommendation of the administrator Chandrachur Basu to recognize the contributions of individuals for the progress and development of the nation especially towards the territory of Chandril. The first inductions were made the same day. However, on 6 March 2021, the order became dormant following the expulsion of Chandril from the union.
On 25 August 2021, the Rashtradhyaksh issued a royal decree in his capacity as the Rajpramukh of Purvanchal to transfer the authority of the order to the crown of the Kingdom of Indradhanush despite continuing to remain its sovereign.
The Order of Chandril was conferred in single class of Knight (for males) and Dame (for females). Recipients of the order bore the post-nominal letters of "K.O.C.". The Rashtradhyaksh, as the Sovereign of Chandril, was the Sovereign of the Order of Chandril and till date continues to remain its sovereign. The next in line was the Grand Chancellor, a position held by Tanishkaa Patranabish and the Commander was the third and junior-most officer of the order, a position held ex-officio by the Administrator of Chandril.
The ribbon of the sash of the order is yellow-orange moiré with a small blue stripe at each edge.
- His Illustrious and Royal Majesty Dhrubajyoti Roy, Rashtradhyaksh of Vishwamitra (since 30 November 2020)
Knights and Ladies (K.O.C.)
The following recipients were inducted after the creation of the order on 30 November 2020.
- 30 November 2020: Tanishkaa Patranabish, Rajpramukh of Beltola
- 30 November 2020: Bishnu Chetry, Rajpramukh of Uttaranchal
- 30 November 2020: Arnab Sil, Rajpramukh of Madhya Prant
- 30 November 2020: Anirban Phatowali, Rajpramukh of Kamrupa
- 30 November 2020: Mridul Amin, former Rajpramukh of Basistha
- 30 November 2020: Anoushkaa Patranabish, Rajpramukh of Basistha (then Prime Minister)
- 30 November 2020: Prince Abhiraj of Purvanchal
- 30 November 2020: Ștefan Marius Snagoveanu, former Prime Minister (then Minister)
- 30 November 2020 – 5 February 2021: Chandrachur Basu, former Administrator of Chandril (revoked)
- Orders, decorations, and medals of the Vishwamitran states and territories#Chandril
- Administrator of Chandril
- "Order of Chandril formed; 10 dignitaries conferred". Discord. 30 November 2020.