Order of the Mast in the Woods
|Order of the Mast in the Woods|
|Awarded by the monarch of the Archduchy of Mimas|
|Established||20 September 2020|
|Awarded for||Strengthening the connection between citizens of Mimas and/or completing one or several pilgrimages to the Radio Mast in Böskedal, Sweden|
|Grand Master||Princess Mathilde, Duchess of Floraison|
|Chancellor||Sir Brian Helwater|
|Next (higher)||Order of Saint Walpurgis and the Second Monarchy|
|Next (lower)||Order of the Muddy Lake|
Ribbon of a member of the order
The Order of the Mast in the Woods is a Mimasian order of knighthood established in 2020 by Archduke Christoph II. It recognizes distinguished service to the connectedness of the Mimasian people and pilgrims whom has completed one or several journeys to the Radio Mast in Böskedal, Sweden. The present monarch, Archduke Christoph II is the sovereign of the order.
Admission remains at the discretion of the monarch. The honoured individuals may use the styles of the order and the post-nominal letters. The Order of the Mast in the Woods is the third highest honour in the Archduchy of Mimas. All members of the Archducal family must complete at least one pilgrimage to the Radio Mast.
List of officers
The current officers of the Order of the Mast in the Woods are:
- Sovereign: Archduke Christoph II
- Grand Master: Princess Mathilde, Duchess of Floraison
- Chancellor: Sir Brian Helwater
- Registrar: Elin Frejj, 1st Countess of Duhn
In 2013 a new radio mast had been built in Böskedal, Sweden. The mast had been met with critique from the local residents and complaints had been sent to the local Swedish government. When the mast was finally finished the local residents of Böskedal held a parodic inauguration with much grandeur. This event laid the foundation of the yearly tradition of the Mastagille (Feast of the Mast).
The reigning monarch is at the apex of the Order of the Mast in the Woods as its Sovereign, followed by the Grand Master. Below the Grand Master are two officers: the Chancellor and the Registrar. The styles of knighthood are not used by members of the royal family or peers of the uppermost ranks in Mimasian society, except for when a person's name is written in it's fullest form and would present all titles, styles and honours. The grades of the order:
|Commander Grand Cross (CGCOMW)|
|Commander 1st Class (COMW1cl)|
|Knight 1st Class (KOMW1cl)|
- Commander Grand Cross (CGCOMW) - Carries the grand insignia on a sash over the right shoulder and with the breast star on the left side of the chest. One can also choose to carry the collar over the shoulders instead of the sash.
- Commander 1st Class (COMW1cl) - Carries the grand insignia in a neck ribbon and the breast star on the left side of the chest.
- Commander (KOMW) - Carries the grand insignia in a neck ribbon.
- Knight 1st Class (KOMW1cl) - Carries the small insignia in gold in a trifold ribbon on the left side of the chest.
- Knight (KOMW) - Carries the small insignia in silver in a trifold ribbon on the left side of the chest.