Petrus I of Winterspell
|King of Winterspell|
|Reign||10 December 2017 - Present|
|Heir Presumptive||Princess Olivia|
|Lord of Winterspell|
|Reign||13 April 2017 - 10 December 2017|
|Born||29 January 2003|
Longmont, CO, USA
Petrus I (Pierce Anderson; born 29 January 2003), self-styled as Petrus Majesté or Petrus Andreas, is the King of Winterspell. He created Winterspell in 2016 alongside Grand Duke Hunter. He is also Consul General of Vishwamitra in Colorado and the Minister of Guilds in Greater Islip.
Early life and education
Petrus was born on 29 January 2003 in Longmont, Colorado as the first child of parents John and Holly. He spent much of his childhood in the company of his family often going on day trips with his grandparents.
Petrus is noted for his eclectic taste in music listening to a wide range of artists from Mozart to Ensiferum covering nearly three centuries of music. He was a member of his school choirs for seven years until his graduation in 2021. He also played the violin for three years in his middle school orchestra eventually giving it up to double down on singing.
Creation of Winterspell
In the spring of 2016, Petrus alongside Hunter founded the Winterspell Club in their Minecraft city of Linsonkeep. The club existed only in Minecraft until a Winterspell Discord server was created on 13 April 2017 named 'Winterspell Club Est. 2016'. Winterspell was intended to be a small server for Petrus' closest friends but quickly outgrew this purpose. By the end of 2017, the monarchy was established crowning Petrus the first Winterspell monarch.
Following Lord Aidan's suggestion to diversify the roles in Winterspell's Discord server, the title of monarch was created. Petrus was nominated to be Winterspell's first monarch by Jackson Whitted. Unopposed in his nomination, Petrus became king the same day starting his reign. Initially, the role of the monarch was to run and moderate the Winterspell Discord. Following the passage of the 'New Winterspell Constitution' in late 2018 and establishment of the Parliament in early 2019, this role grew into a more governmental position. As monarch, Petrus has written the majority of Winterspell's legislation partaking in both the 2018 and 2021 constitutional conventions. He has also overseen the growth of Winterspell's population into what it is today.
Petrus was in attendance at the first Winterspell constitutional convention in 2018 where the first draft of the current constitution was produced. This convention marked one of the most significant turning points of Petrus' reign. The new constitution defined what his role in Winterspell was, though it was written using vague language allowing for a loose interpretation of what the monarch is meant to do.
11 February 2020
On the 11 February 2020, Princes Jackson and Quinn left the kingdom causing a general panic within the Winterspell government. Petrus disbanded parliament for the first time as the two departed princes formed two thirds of the upper house. In the period without parliament, Petrus made reforms removing the upper house entirely making parliament unicameral. He reinstated parliament just over a month afterwards.
On 28 May 2020, parliament attempted to exile a member of the Discord server. This move was vetoed by Petrus though the veto was overturned. This instigated a new set of reforms knows as the 'June Concordat'. This document changed how parliament, titles, the judiciary, and the entire social system of Winterspell worked. This reform saw much support from members of the server and has continued to affect how the government functions today.
On 6 October 2020, the Winterspell Discord server reached 100 members for the first time. This milestone prompted the proposal to create a Prime Minister position to administer the Parliament. This function was previously held by Petrus who relinquished it to the new parliamentary role.
Titles, styles, and honours
Petrus I of Winterspell
|Reference style||His Majesty|
|Spoken style||Your Majesty|
|Alternative style||Sir or Mr. King|
Petrus' full style is:
His Majesty Petrus the First, King of Winterspell, Duke of Taylor, Duke of Eztia, Count of Provenance, Baron of Vetrône, and Mayor of Château-Andreas
- King of Winterspell, 10 December 2017
- Duke of Taylor, 3 March 2021
- Count of Provenance, 3 March 2021
- Baron of Vetrône, 22 April 2021
- Sovereign and Knight of the Royal Order of Taylor (20 January 2022)
- Sovereign of the Order of the Broad-tailed Hummingbird (20 January 2022)
- Knight of the Order of Chandrachur I (Indradhanush, 26 October 2021)
- Knight of the Order of the Royal Indian Star (Indradhanush, 26 October 2021)
- Knight of the Order of Dhamma (Indradhanush, 26 October 2021)
- Recipient of the Coronation Medal of Monroe I (Indradhanush, 3 January 2022)
- Recipient of the Civil Service Medal (Vishwamitra, 15 April 2022)
- Recipient of the Commemorative Medal of the Crystal Jubilee of the Foundation of Vishwamitra (Vishwamitra, 15 April 2022)
- Recipient of the Commemorative Medal of the 21st Birthday of Rashtradhyaksh Dhrubajyoti Roy (Vishwamitra, 11 January 2023)
- Member of the Most Excellent Royal Vishwamitran Order of Merit (Vishwamitra, 15 April 2023)
- Grand Companion of the Order of Sahamitra (Vishwamitra, 16 September 2023)
- Foreign territorial and provincial honours
- Grand Commander of the Most Honourable Order of the Crown of Purvanchal (Purvanchal, 12 February 2022)
- Member of the Most Excellent Order of the Vishwamitra (Vishwamitra, 11 January – 24 October 2022)
- Member First Class of the Order of Diplomatic Service Merit (Vishwamitra, 15 April – 24 October 2022)
Order of wear
Awards that are worn regularly by His Majesty Petrus I, the King of Winterspell are noted in the above tables and are worn in accordance with customary Winterspell conventions applicable to the occasion, the location and to the form of dress worn. Awards not specifically noted are worn by King Petrus I on appropriate occasions relating to the country that made the award, again in accordance with Winterspell conventions. The ribbons worn by King Petrus I are as follows:
Arms and monogram
|Personal coat of arms||Coat of arms as King of Winterspell||Royal monogram|
- Original 'New Winterspell Constitution' docs.google.com. Retrieved 21 August 2021.
- June Concordat docs.google.com. Retrieved 21 August 2021.
- Prime Minister Proposal docs.google.com. Retrieved 21 August 2021.
- Chandrachur Basu (26 October 2021). "Royal Decree KOI-12/2021". docs.google.com. Retrieved 15 December 2021.
- Chandrachur Basu. "Royal Decree KOI-16/2021". docs.google.com. Retrieved 15 December 2021.
- Chandrachur Basu (3 January 2022). "Special Royal Decree for Coronation of Monroe I". docs.google.com. Retrieved 16 January 2022.
- Dhrubajyoti Roy (12 February 2022). "Royal Decree (Purvanchal) - 12 February 2022".
- Dhrubajyoti Roy (15 April 2022). "Royal Decree No. 236-2022: National Day Honours 2022". docs.google.com. Retrieved 15 April 2022.