Prince Abhiraj of Purvanchal
|Prince Abhiraj of Purvanchal|
|His Serene Highness, Senior Prince of Purvanchal|
DUK DPP DKI (Purvanchal) DKII (Beltola) SUMP DSUU SUMM DSUK DURD DURK SUDS RSP PRS CSP KGHB KGDSCG KCSE KCON KCQE KCLSE MP
|Regent of Purvanchal|
|Regency||1 August 2020 – 6 February 2021|
|Successor||Crown Princess Sarala|
|Prime Minister of Vishwamitra|
21 August 2020 – 31 August 2020
|Preceded by||Princess Anoushkaa|
|Succeeded by||Princess Anoushkaa|
|Governor of Beltola|
17 March 2023 – 28 May 2023
|Prime Minister||Farhaz Hazarika|
|Preceded by||Position re-created|
|Succeeded by||Princess Bishakha|
4 September 2019 – 29 September 2019
|Prime Minister||Tanishkaa Patranabish|
|Preceded by||Reshmi Hazarika|
|Succeeded by||Bhargab Jyoti Medhi|
|Father||Dato Utama Utpal Kar|
|Relatives||Princess Krishna (aunt)|
Dhrubajyoti Roy (cousin)
Princess Bishakha (cousin)
Prince Abhiraj (born 8 August 2006), also known as Abhiraj Kar is a senior politician in the State of Vishwamitra and has served on various top and important positions in the nation. He is currently serving as the Deputy Prime Minister of Vishwamitra since 8 June 2020, and had also served as the Acting Prime Minister between 20 August and 31 August 2020. He is a first cousin of the current Monarch Dhrubajyoti Roy.
Prince Abhiraj was born on 8 August 2006 in Guwahati, India. He is a first cousin to Dhrubajyoti Roy and Princess Bishakha. He is currently a student and is pursuing his schooling from South Point School Guwahati.
He became a Minister for the first time in 2008, having succeeded Dhrubajyoti Roy as the Minister of Parliamentary Affairs and remained in office until the dissolution of the Arnisha Phatowali ministry on 31 December 2009. He served as a Member of Parliament between 2010 and 2015.
He was appointed as a Minister of State in the Ministry of Finance on 6 December 2015 under the premiership of Sarala Baishya and remained in office until the dissolution of the ministry on 11 April 2016.
Acting Prime Minister and subsequent career
Prince Abhiraj was appointed as the Acting Prime Minister of Vishwamitra and Minister of Home Affairs and Internal Security on 20 August 2020 following the leave of absence of then Prime Minister Princess Anoushkaa and remained in office until her return on 30 August. During his tenure as Acting Prime Minister, he was responsible to carry out the functions of the Prime Minister including the reading of the order of appointment of the Rashtradhyaksh and delivering the speech on behalf of the people during the installation ceremony of the Rashtradhyaksh on 23 August 2020.
Following the return of Prime Minister Princess Anoushkaa from her short leave, he resumed the duties of the Deputy Prime Minister and continued to serve as the Minister of Home Affairs and Internal Security until the dissolution of the council of ministers on 28 January 2021. He was also entrusted the additional duties of the Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Relations between 1 and 3 October 2020 following the resignation of serving Minister Nishwan Baidantic and was replaced by Ștefan Marius Snagoveanu.
He contested the general election held in March 2021 from the Bhetapara and Basant Bihar parliamentary constituencies of the state of Beltola and was unopposed elected to the Parliament. He later tendered his resignation from the Bhetapara constituency and retained the Basant Bihar constituency. He was inducted to the union council of ministers by Prime Minister Ștefan Marius Snagoveanu as the Senior Minister and the Minister of National Development on 6 March 2021. On 1 August 2021, he was bestowed with the Order of the Vishwamitra in the grade of Knight Grand Cordon, the highest grade of the order reserved for former Prime Ministers and was conferred for his brief services as the nation's Prime Minister.
Titles, styles, and honours
|Reference style||His Serene Highness|
|Spoken style||Your Serene Highness|
Titles and styles
- 8 August 2006 - 18 April 2008: Shri Abhiraj Kar
- 18 April 2008 - 31 December 2009: His Excellency Shri Abhiraj Kar
- 1 January 2010 - 6 December 2015: The Honourable Shri Abhiraj Kar
- 6 December 2015 - 8 June 2020: His Excellency Shri Abhiraj Kar
- 8 June 2020 - 4 January 2021: His Royal Highness Abhiraj, the Senior Prince of Purvanchal
- 4 January – 1 August 2021: His Serene Highness Abhiraj, the Senior Prince of Purvanchal
- 1 August 2021 – present: His Serene Highness Abhiraj, the Prince Varistharajakumar, the Senior Prince of Purvanchal
His Serene Highness Varistharajakumar National Hero Prince Abhiraj, D.U.K., D.P.P., D.K. I, D.K. II (Beltola), S.U.M.P., D.S.U.U., D.U.R.D., D.U.R.K., S.U.D.S., R.S.P., P.R.S., C.S.P., Knight Grand Cross of the Most Auspicious and Exalted Order of the Royal House of Helmond-Bernhard of Queensland, Knight Grand Cross of the Most Esteemed Order of the Defender of the State of Carl Gustaf City, Knight Commander of the Order of the Star of Edinburgh City, Senior Prince of Purvanchal.
Honours of Purvanchal
- Grand Commander of the Most Noble Royal Family Order of Purvanchal (DK II) (7 September 2020)
- Grand Knight of the Most Noble Royal Family Order of Purvanchal (DK I) (27 January 2021)
- Knight Companion of the Most Esteemed Supreme Order of the Royal House of Purvanchal (DPP) (4 July 2021)
- Grand Commander of the Most Honourable Order of the Crown of Purvanchal (SUMP) – Dato Sri Utama (25 July 2021)
- Member of the Most Eminent Order of Loyalty and Faithful Service (13 August 2021, dormant)
- Grand Companion of the Most Distinguished Order of the Rajpramukh Dhrubajyoti Roy (DURD) – Dato Utama (12 February 2022)
Vishwamitra and its states
- Friends Society:
- Grand Cordon of the Most Esteemed Supreme Order of the Hibiscus (DUK) (25 October 2022)
- Recipient 1st Class of the Distinguished and Long Service Medal (SUDS) (15 April 2022)
- Recipient of the National Service Medal (RSP) (15 April 2021)
- Recipient of the Royal Service Medal (PRS) (15 April 2022)
- Recipient of the Civil Service Medal (CSP) (15 April 2022)
- Recipient of the Commemorative Medal of the 20th Birthday of the First Prime Minister (11 November 2020)
- Recipient of the Commemorative Medal of the First Anniversary of the Vishwamitran Monarchy (8 June 2021)
- Recipient of the Commemorative Medal of the Crystal Jubilee of the Foundation of Vishwamitra (15 April 2022)
- Recipient of the Commemorative Medal of the 21st Birthday of Rashtradhyaksh Dhrubajyoti Roy (11 January 2023)
- Former honours
- Grand Cross of the Most Honourable Order of the Lotus (11 January – 24 October 2022)
- Grand Cordon of the Most Excellent Order of the Vishwamitra (1 August 2021 – 24 October 2022)
- Grand Commander of the Most Gallant Order of Mahabali Karthika Padaka (23 January 2021 – 24 October 2022)
- Grand Cross of the Most Illustrious Royal Order of the Crown of Vishwamitra (15 April 2021 – 24 October 2022)
- Grand Cross of the Most Excellent Order of the Vishwamitra (14 October 2020 – 24 October 2022)
- Madhya Prant:
- Knight Grand Companion of the Most Blessed Order of the Crown of Madhya Prant (SUMM) – Dato Sri Indra (7 March 2023)
- Grand Knight of the Most Honourable Order of Uttaranchal (DSUU) – Dato Sri Utama (4 May 2022)
Knight of the Most Excellent Order of St. Paul(3 August 2022, returned 10 October 2022)
- Former honours
- Knight Grand Cross of the Most Exalted Order of the Royal House of Helmond-Bernhard (26 July 2021, order abolished)
- Knight Commander of the Most Honourable Order of Queen Elizabeth II (2 January 2022, order abolished)
- Knight Commander of the Most Honourable Order of the Leopold Lion Crown (26 July 2021, order abolished)
- Knight Commander of the Most Excellent Order of the Queenslandian Empire (2 January 2022, order abolished)
- Carl Gustaf Province: Knight Grand Cross of the Most Esteemed Order of the Defender of the State of Carl Gustaf City (12 February 2022)
- Edinburgh Province:
Ribbon bars of the orders and decorations that are worn regularly by the Senior Prince of Purvanchal are noted in accordance with customary Vishwamitran conventions applicable to the occasion, the location and to the form of dress worn. The ribbon bars are worn according to the protocol and the precedence of the wear as issued by the Chancellery of the orders. It is to note that the ribbons of the foreign honours are worn below the national and state honours of Vishwamitra.
|Arms||Coat of Arms||Royal monogram||Hibiscus banner|
- von Goetzon, Oscar (3 August 2022). "Imperial and Royal Decree n. 234-2O22, O3 August 2O22.: Empire's Day List of Honors 2022". Retrieved 29 May 2023.