Princess Mother of Purvanchal
DUK DKP DKI (Purvanchal) DKII (Beltola) SUMP TPUP RSP PRS MSAn DGCCRE DGPGC LGCPC
|Mayoress of Rajagriha|
|Assumed office |
25 July 2021
|Born||5 March 1974|
Prince Debajyoti (m. 1999)
|Issue||Dhrubajyoti Roy (b. 2002)|
|House||Sridasa (by birth)|
Sriraya (by marriage)
|Father||Prince Grandfather Jogesh Chandra Das (1927-2011)|
|Mother||Princess Grandmother Basanti Das (1955-2015)|
H.R.H. The Prince Father
H.S.H. The Prince Uncle
H.S.H. The Princess Ruma
Her Royal Highness Princess Krishna, Maharajajanani or Princess Mother Krishna or Krishna Roy (née Das; born 5 March 1974) is a senior member of the House of Sriraya, the reigning royal family of Vishwamitra and the province of Purvanchal by her marriage. She is the mother of the current monarch of Vishwamitra Dhrubajyoti Roy, and a maternal aunt of Tanishkaa Patranabish. Due to her son being unmarried, she serves as the chief hostess of the Rashtra Niwas and is the prominent female royal after Tanishkaa Patranabish.
Her official style and title is Her Royal Highness Krishna, the Maharajajanani, Princess Mother of Purvanchal and is often referred to as the "Maharajajanani".
Princess Mother Krishna was born on 15 February 1974 in Guwahati, India to Their Serene Highnesses Royal Grandfather Jogesh Das and Royal Grandmother Basanti Das. She is the eldest child of the royal couple. She has two other siblings, Her Serene Highness Princess Sibani and His Serene Highness Biswajit. She completed her school education from a regional medium school in Guwahati and did her graduation from Radha Govinda College, Guwahati.
In 1999, she married Debajyoti Roy, who is now referred to as the Prince Father of Purvanchal and the princely couple gave birth to their first and only child, the Rashtradhyaksh in 2002.
Despite not playing a very vital role or holding any important role in Vishwamitra, she has always been supportive of the activities of her son. She has always been keen to know more on Vishwamitra and all activities conducted by the nation. In 2019, She was for the first time granted special recognition in the nation as a member of the first family as the "President Mother", however that title was soon abolished on popular demand. She was also referred to as the "First Lady" during the time of her son's presidency.
With her son's becoming a monarch in June 2020 and the formal establishment of the House of Sriraya as the reigning house of Purvanchal, she assumed the nominal title of the "Prince Mother", which is reserved for mothers of reigning monarch. She played an important role in the planning and the arrangement of the installation ceremony of her son as the nation's second Rashtradhyaksh in August 2020. It was with her help that the first Vishwamitran physical flag was bought and stitched. In July 2021, she was offered the position of the first President of the Vishwamitran Red Cross.
Titles, styles and honours
Titles and styles
- 5 March 1974 - 7 February 1999: Miss Krishna Das
- 7 February 1999 - 15 April 2007: Mrs. Krishna Roy
- 15 April 2007 - 7 June 2020: Her Excellency Krishna Roy
- 8 June 2020 - present: Her Royal Highness Princess Mother of Purvanchal
Her Royal Highness Maharajajanani Princess Krishna, D.U.K., D.K.P., D.K. I, D.K. II (Beltola), S.U.M.P., T.P.U.P., R.S.P., P.R.S., Member of the Order of St. Anthony of Revalia, Lady Grand Cross of the Most Honourable Order of the Queen Catherine Precious Crown of Queensland, Dame Grand Companion of the Most Blessed Order of the Crown of the Realm of Elizabeth City, Dame Grand Cross of the Most Illustrious Order of Prince George of Carl Gustaf City, Princess Mother of Purvanchal.
Honours of Purvanchal
- Dame Grand Companion of the Most Esteemed Supreme Order of the Royal House of Purvanchal (DKP, 4 July 2021)
- Grand Dame of the Most Noble Royal Family Order of Purvanchal (DK I, 27 January 2021)
- Grand Commander of the Most Honourable Order of the Crown of Purvanchal (SUMP, 25 July 2021)
Vishwamitra and its states
- Grand Cordon of the Most Esteemed Supreme Order of the Hibiscus (DUK, 12 November 2022)
- Recipient of the Tanishkaa Patranabish Medal for Excellence (TPUP, 8 March 2022)
- Recipient of the National Service Medal (RSP, 15 April 2021)
- Recipient of the Royal Service Medal (PRS, 15 April 2022)
- Recipient of the Commemorative Medal of the First Anniversary of the Vishwamitran Monarchy (8 June 2021)
- Recipient of the Commemorative Medal of the Crystal Jubilee of the Foundation of Vishwamitra (15 April 2022)
- Recipient of the Commemorative Medal of the 21st Birthday of Rashtradhyaksh Dhrubajyoti Roy (11 January 2023)
- Former honours
- Grand Cross of the Most Honourable Order of the Lotus (1 August 2021 – 24 October 2022)
- Grand Cordon of the Most Illustrious Royal Order of the Crown of Vishwamitra (27 January 2021 – 24 October 2022)
- Dame Grand Cross of the Most Noble Order of the Precious Crown (1 January 2021 – 24 October 2022)
- Commander of the Most Honourable Order of the Lotus (27 January – 1 August 2021)
- Member of the Most Gallant Order of Mahabali Karthika Padaka (27 January 2021 – 24 October 2022)
- Member 2nd Class of the Most Esteemed Royal Family Order of Beltola (DK II, 12 July 2021)
- Revalia: Member of the Order of St. Anthony (30 April 2021)
- Queensland: Lady Grand Cross of the Most Honourable Order of the Queen Catherine Precious Crown (9 September 2021)
- Carl Gustaf Province: Dame Grand Cross of the Most Illustrious Order of Prince George of Carl Gustaf City (12 February 2022)
- Elizabeth Province: Dame Grand Companion of the Most Blessed Order of the Crown of the Realm of Elizabeth City (5 July 2021)
- Ebenthal: Dame of the Order of Lady Mary (5 July 2022, returned 24 November 2022)
- Dame of the Royal Order of St. Stephen (3 August 2022, returned 10 October 2022)
- Dame of the Order of the Enameled Cross (24 December 2021, returned 10 October 2022)
- Grand Cross of the Order of Klöw (18 September 2021, returned 10 October 2022)
- Recipient of the Commemorative Medal of the First Anniversary of the Relation Vishwamitra-Sildavia (18 September 2021, returned 10 October 2022)
Order of wear
Ribbon bars and badges of the orders and decorations that are worn by the Her Royal Highness The Princess Mother of Purvanchal are noted in accordance with customary Vishwamitran conventions applicable to the occasion, the location and to the form of dress worn. The ribbon bars are worn according to the protocol and the precedence of the wear as issued by the Chancellery of the orders. It is to note that the ribbons of the foreign honours are worn below the national and state honours of Vishwamitra. The badges of the foreign decorations are not worn regularly except for special occasions.
Armorials and symbols
|Marital arms||Royal monogram||Hibiscus banner|
- ↑ von Goetzon, Oscar (3 August 2022). "Imperial and Royal Decree n. 234-2O22, O3 August 2O22.: Empire's Day List of Honors 2022". Retrieved 29 May 2023.
- ↑ von Goetzon, Oscar (24 December 2021). "Imperial and Royal Decree n. 225-2O21, 24 December 2O21.: Christmas List of Honors 2021". Retrieved 29 May 2023.