Rajpramukh of Madhya Prant
|Rajpramukh of Madhya Prant|
|मध्यप्रांत के राजप्रमुख|
|Rajpramukh Arnab Sil|
since 8 June 2020
|Heir apparent||Crown Prince Saikat|
|First monarch||Arnab Sil|
|Formation||June 8, 2020|
|Residence||Rajya Niwas, Madhya Prant|
The Rajpramukh of Madhya Prant (Hindi: मध्यप्रांत के राजप्रमुख, Bengali: মধ্যপ্রান্তের রাজপ্রমুখ), literally the Grand Ruler of Madhya Prant, is the constitutional head of Madhya Prant state in Vishwamitra. The executive power of the state is vested in him as the monarch of the state. The current rajpramukh, Arnab Sil, is the first Rajpramukh of Madhya Prant and has been on throne since the establishment of the monarchy on 8 June 2020. He is the head of all religions in the state and also the head of the royal house, the House of Sil and is also the source of all titles, honours and dignities of its people. In addition, the rajpramukh is also a member of the Conference of Rulers, the body of the state rulers responsible for the election of the Rashtradhyaksh and the Uparashtradhyaksh. The rajpramukh also briefly served as the Chairman of the Conference of Rulers between June and July 2020.
Madhya Prant was created first as the union territory of Central Guwahati in September 2016 under the administration of the lieutenant governor when the federal units of administrations were created. The territory got its statehood on 25 February 2017. The governor was made responsible for the affairs and the administration of the state who was appointed directly by the president and remained in office at the pleasure of the appointer. In early June 2020, the Council of State headed by its chairman and former president Dhrubajyoti Roy convened the members to discuss on matters related to national importance. The council, then, acting at the suggestion of its chairman approved for the establishment of a federal elective absolute monarchy in the nation. Under the proposals, it was suggested for the establishment of provincial monarchies each headed by a Rajpramukh and all the rulers would form the Conference of Rulers which would elect the federal ruler and their deputy.
On 8 June 2020, the monarchy came into existence both at the federal level and that in Madhya Prant. Arnab Sil was installed as the first rajpramukh of the state while he appointed his younger brother Prince Saikat as the heir presumptive with the title of the Crown Prince of Madhya Prant.
The Rajpramukh of Madhya Prant is the executive head of state and head of government of the state of Madhya Prant and has their control and influence over a wide range of subjects in the administration of the state and other decisions within the state's jurisdiction. The functions of the rajpramukh include:
- Discharge responsibilites of the executive head of state and head of government.
- Appoint the heir to the throne.
- Appoint the Regent of Madhya Prant.
- Appoint the Chief Minister, if the position exists, in consultation with the heir.
- Appoint the Mayor of Navanna in consultation with the chief minister and the heir.
- Appoint other officials of the state including members of the administration, religious institutions, etc.
- Attend meetings of the Conference of Rulers and represent the state in the federal institutions.
- Discharge functions as asked by the Supreme Head of the Nation.
- Confer decorations of the state and the federation.
- Sign decrees and publish orders related to the state.
- Perform any duty which may arise from time to time or delegate them to the heir or other representatives.
The house law requires the person to be installed as the state's rajpramukh to fulfil the following requirements:
- Be a member of the House of Sil.
- Be a Hindu by birth or adoption.
- Be sound of mind and language.
- Not hold any other government positions in the state or the federation.
The succession to the throne of Madhya Prant shall be limited to the nominated members of the royal house by the outgoing rajpramukh or only as per the line of succession as determined by the outgoing rajpramukh or the Household Council. The succession shall entirely be limited to a member of the royal house either by birth or adoption who must be a Hindu by religion. Any member of the royal house who is married to a non-Hindu shall be barred from succession to the throne.
The current order of succession is:
- Rajpramukh Arnab Sil (born 2004)
- Crown Prince Saikat (born 2006)
Heir to the throne
The heir to the throne shall be the Crown Prince/Princess of Madhya Prant who shall be appointed by the Rajpramukh of Madhya Prant and must be a member of the bloodline of the rajpramukh. The Rajpramukh shall have the discretionary power to appoint and remove the heir to the throne.
The current heir to the throne is the younger brother of the rajpramukh, Prince Saikat who has been the heir since the installation of his brother as the Rajpramukh of Madhya Prant.
In case of temporary vacancy of the throne or in case of appointment of the Rajpramukh as the Rashtradhyaksh, the designated heir as appointed by the Rajpramukh shall be the principal regent of the state for the period as specified.
In case of a permanent vacancy or absence of the Rajpramukh, the regent may appoint a Regency Council comprising the regent as chairman, the members in the line of succession, the parents of the Rajpramukh and the chief minister.
List of Rajpramukhs of Madhya Prant
|Duration of reign||Portrait
(Coronation, when available)
Rajpramukh Arnab Sil
राजप्रमुख अर्नब सिल
রাজপ্রমুখ অর্ণব শীল
8 June 2020
|2 years, 355 days||24 February 2004
Son of Late Prince Father Rabindranath Sil and Princess Mother Niroda Sil
|Arnab Sil||N/A||Alive||19 years, 93 days||House of Sil|
Royal orders and decorations
The following are the royal orders conferred by Rajpramukh of Madhya Prant.
- The Most Esteemed Royal Family Order of Madhya Prant (परम प्रतिष्ठित दर्ज़ह राजकुटुंभ मध्यप्रांत, Param Pratishthit Darjah Rajkutumbha Madhya Prant): founded by Rajpramukh Arnab Sil on 24 February 2022. Conferred on the sovereign, the consort, and members of the royal family and other sovereign monarchs. Awarded in single class:
- Member or Darjah Rajakutumbha Madhya Prant (D.K.)
- The Most Blessed Order of the Crown of Madhya Prant (अति समृद्ध दर्ज़ह मुकुट मध्यप्रांत, Ati Samruddha Darjah Mukut Madhya Prant): founded by Rajpramukh Arnab Sil on 24 February 2022. Conferred for distinguished services towards the state. Awarded in four classes:
- Knight/Dame Grand Companion or Darjah Sri Utama Mukut Madhya Prant (S.U.M.M.)
- Knight/Dame Companion or Darjah Utama Mukut Madhya Prant (D.U.M.M.)
- Companion or Darjah Prathama Mukut Madhya Prant (D.P.M.M)
- Member or Darjah Sadasya Mukut Madhya Prant (D.S.M.M.)