Republic of Apachiland
Republic of Apachiland
|Motto: Una Sumus! (English: Together we Stand)|
|Anthem: Apache (Orchestral Version), by Apachiland Orchestra|
|File:Warwickshire, United Kingdom|
and largest city
|Government||Parliament of Apachiland|
• Vice President
|Establishment||April 4th 2017|
This nation is a member of the Reformed Intermicronational Confederation
The Republic of Apachiland, more commonly known as Apachiland, is a micronation located in the South of Warwickshire, England, claiming a small patch of grass in the settlement of Lower Quinton (Apachan: Apachea), but with a ceremonial claim over a stretch of land that goes from Meon Vale (Apachan: Vale) to Ettington (Apachan: Etting) and South to Tredington and an exclave of the market town of Shipston upon Stour (Apachan: Cyrenus).
The Republic of Apachiland is a Unitary Unicameral Parliamentary Republic that holds a President and Vice President as the heads of government and of state. It was originally founded as a monarchy with King Apache I as the Head of State, and for a period of just under a year a Diarchy with two kings before reverting back to a Monarchy.
Apachiland was a member of the Reformed Intermicronational Confederation where President Jack Cooper served as the Fifth President of the Organisation as well as being a member of the Committee for the Defense Forces inside the Confederation before it eventually dissolved in 2021. In 2018 the Kingdom of Apachiland formed the Apachan Pact, a Military, Economic and Political Alliance between the member states, this was later reorganized into the Micronational Congressional Union in 2020 but after Apachiland's election to the role of President of the RIC it was merged into the Reformed Intermicronational Confederation.
Apachiland derives from a discussion between the original founders about Native Americans, originally called Apachistan the name was reworked to Apachiland just days after the founding of the nation to better reflect the culture of the nation.
Founded on April 4, 2017, Apachiland laid claim to a small area of grass near to the residence of one of the founders who would later become King Apache I
The first election was held on April 8, 2017 with Jack Cooper being elected as the President of the then Kingdom of Apachiland in a landslide victory with a huge majority of 84.3 percent of the nation voting for him.
Apachan Civil War
On Boxing Day (26 December) 2017 the King of Apachiland undertook a Monarchist Coup d'état and took over the Apachan Government. President Jack Cooper responded by sending a diplomatic request to forfeit his claim as the leader of Apachiland. The King refused and declared war on the now called Free Apachiland. On the 27/12/17 the King took control over the mainland. On 01/01/18 the Loyalist Army started a 3-day siege on the capital leading to the Capture of the Capital and eventually lead to the King's surrender on the fifth of January 2018. The war was fought with airsoft guns over the course of the civil war.
The civil war ended with the Treaty of Apachea on the eighth of January, 2018 the President, King Apache I, Chief of Army and MP's met in the Apachan House of Commons to discuss the Peace Treaty at the end of the Apachan Civil War. It was ruled that the King Apache I shall be stripped of all power and be made a figurehead and that King Apache I will not be able to take Government roles unless he abdicated.
The treaty ruled that the formation of an Absolute Monarchy was against the wishes of the Apachan People and that the King would have to denounce any notion of the formation of that institution.
Abdication of the King and The Restructuring Period
On the afternoon of May 10, 2020 King Apache I announced his abdication of the throne, this was extremely unexpected and prompted a crisis that ended on the 20th May 2020. The King severed all ties to the Kingdom leaving the crisis to be dealt with by President Jack Cooper and Chancellor Angus Dunn. With no clear solution in sight the President and Chancellor both agreed a referendum should be held to determine whether the Kingdom of Apachiland should continue to sport a Monarchy.
On the 12th of May 2020, President Cooper and Chancellor Dunn began the process of restructuring the Apachan Parliament during the crisis. The restructuring was completed on the 15th May 2020.
On the 13th May 2020 the results of the referendum were announced with 57.1% of the population voting in favour of the Republic.
After a period of around two weeks the constitution was rewrote to the standards of the modern day republic and was ratified by parliament on the 21st May 2020.
Timeline of Apachiland
- 04/04/2017 - The Kingdom of Apachiland is founded.
- 05/04/2017 - Callum Vaughan is officially coronated as King Apache I of the Kingdom of Apachiland.
- 08/04/2017 - Jack Cooper is elected the first President of the Kingdom of Apachiland.
- 20/12/2017 - News of disconent between the President and the King reaches the public
- 25/12/2017 - The King announces that a major period of societal changes would be taking place during the new year.
- 26/12/2017 - King Apache I seizes control of the government and ousts President Jack Cooper. Declaring an absolute monarchy.
- 27/12/2017 - Jack Cooper forms the Free State of Apachea to combat the King. The Apachan Civil War begins.
- 01/01/18 - Apachan Loyalists begin the Siege of Apachea to retake the capital of the Kingdom of Apachiland.
- 03/01/18 - The Loyalist Army breaches the Palace of Apachea and captures Crown Prince Euan Apache, younger brother and heir to the King.
- 05/01/18 - King Apache I surrenders to the Loyalist Army upon capture.
- 08/01/18 - After fierce negotiations the Treaty of Apachea is signed by both the Free State of Apachea and the Kingdom of Apachiland. King Apache I was stripped of all exectuive powers and was reduced to a figurehead.
- 17/05/18 - The Apachan Pact is formed with various global micronations to strengthen the Kingdom of Apachiland.
- 20/12/18 - President Jack Cooper is enthroned as King Cooper I. The Kingdom of Apachiland officially reforms as the Diarchic Empire of Apachiland. Franz Emmanuelson is elected President in the final publically held referendum of the Kingdom of Apachiland for over a year.
- 20/12/18 - The Diarchic Empire of Apachiland enters a period of stagnation where nothing of note happens for nearly the entire calendar year.
- 10/08/19 - The Diarchic Empire of Apachiland declares that on the tenth of October 2019 King Cooper I would abdicate.
- 10/10/19 - King Cooper I abdicates. In response President Franz Emmanuelson stands down as President of the Diarchic Empire of Apachiland and resigns as Leader of the Apachan Monarchist Party.
- 13/10/19 - Chancellor Jacob Stevens resigns due to ill health.
- 13/10/19 - Jack Cooper is declared the acting President by Chancellor Angus Dunn.
- 10/05/20 - King Apache I unexpectedly abdicates with no heir after Crown Prince Euan was exiled following the Apachan Civil War.
- 12/05/20 - A referendum determining the future of the Apachan Monarchy was held.
- 13/05/20 - The results of the referendum are released to the public with 57.1 percent of the citizenry voting for a Republic to be declared.
- 21/05/20 - The constitution of the Republic of Apachiland was completed and the Republic of Apachiland was officially proclaimed by the newly elected President Jack Cooper and the Vice-President Angus Dunn. The office of Chancellor was officialy disolved.
- 06/06/20 - The Republic of Apachiland officially joins the Reformed Intermicronational Confederation.
- 07/12/20 - President Jack Cooper of the Republic of Apachiland is elected the Fifth President of the Reformed Intermicronational Confederation, the first non-founding member of the organisation to be elected to the office.
- 22/04/21 - President Jack Cooper steps down as President of the Reformed Intermicronational Confederation following the end of his term. His administration was noted for being one of the most impactful in the history of the organisation and brought in many new members for the organisation as well as establishing closer diplomatic relations with the Grand Union Micronational.
Politics and government
The Government of Apachiland currently comprises of the Apachan Parliament that includes the President, Vice President, The Cabinet and other MPs.
President of Apachiland
The President of Apachiland is the Highest Executive Position in Apachiland, it is an elected role that is voted on by the Apachan Citizenry separate to the Parliamentary Vote, with the president being able to have an unlimited amount of terms lasting one year each.
During the Diarchy the President was appointed by the Head of States along with the Chancellor.
|Name||Time in Office||Political Party||Elections Won|
|Jack Cooper||08/04/17 - 20/12/18
|Apachi Democratic Party (08/04/17 - 08/01/18)
Apachan Democratic Party (08/01/18 - 20/12/18)
|Franz Karl Emmanuelson||20/12/18 - 13/10/19
|Apachan Monarchist Party||Appointed by King Apache I|
|Jack Cooper||13/10/19 - 10/05/20 (Acting)
10/05/20 - Present
|Apachan Democratic Party (13/10/19 - 13/05/20)
Apachan Conservative Party (13/05/20 - Present)
|Appointed by the Cabinet during the Abdication Crisis|
Vice President of Apachiland
The Vice President of Apachiland is the Second Highest Executive Position in Apachiland, it is an appointed role, with the President of Apachiland appointing the Vice President
The Vice President does not have to be a member of the same party as the President, this was the case with Apachiland's first Vice President Angus Dunn who was at first a member of the Apachan Social Democratic and Labour Party, before founding the Apachan Liberal Party
|Name||Time in Office||Political Party||President|
|Angus Dunn||21/05/20 - 10/04/21
|Apachan Social Democratic and Labour Party (12/05/20 - 24/01/21)
Apachan Liberal Party (24/01/21 - 10/04/21)
|Mac Gallagher||11/04/21 - Present
|Apachan Conservative Party||Jack Cooper|
Chancellor of Apachiland
The Chancellor of the Kingdom of Apachiland was the Second Highest Executive Position in the Kingdom of Apachiland. The Chancellor was always appointed by directly the Monarch of Apachiland and shared Political Responsibilities with the President equally.
Their were three Apachan Chancellors:
|Name||Time in Office||Political Party||King|
|Franz Karl Emmanuelson||08/04/17 - 20/12/18
|Apachi Social Liberal Party (08/04/17 - 08/01/18)
Apachan Social Liberal Party (08/01/18 - 20/12/18)
|King Apache I|
|Jacob Stevens||20/12/18 - 13/10/19
|Apachan Monarchist Party||King Apache I
King Cooper I
|Angus Dunn||13/10/19 - 13/05/20
|Apachan Monarchist Party (13/10/19 - 27/12/19)
Apachan Social Liberal Party (27/12/19 - 13/05/20)
|King Apache I|
Cabinet of Apachiland
The Apachan Cabinet is the Government body comprised of the Ministers of Apachiland, as well as the President and the Vice-President.
The Current Cabinet holds the following members:
President: The Right Honourable Jack Cooper
Vice President: The Right Honourable Mac Gallagher
Chancellor of the Exchequer: The Right Honourable Con Hopkins
Minister for Foreign Affairs: The Right Honourable Angus Dunn
Defence and War Secretary: The Right Honourable Jacob Stevens
General Attorney of Apachiland: The Right Honourable Franz Karl Emmanuelson
Apachiland is host to 5 political parties, the most dominant of which is the Apachan Conservative Party, whilst the others are minor parties with limited membership.
|Political Party||Leader||Date Founded|
|Apachan Conservative Party||Jack Cooper||12/05/20|
|Apachan Social Democratic and Labour Party||Mike Clare||12/05/20|
|Apachan Liberal Party||Angus Dunn||24/01/21|
|Apachan Imperial Party||William Neale||25/01/21|
|Apachan Direct Democratic Party||Franz Karl Emmanuelson||27/01/21|
The Republic of Apachiland holds foreign relations with the following micronations, in 2 different ways the first is that an embassy is located in either the other nation or within Apachiland, the second is that foreign delegate status is held within the micronations.
- People's Republic of Arsalania (Embassy Established 15/08/20), Embassy located in Apachiland
- Federated States of Gapla (Embassy Established 1/06/20), Embassies located in both nations
- Republic of Yu-Xia (Embassy Established 03/09/20), Embassy located in Apachiland
Foreign Diplomat Status
Apachiland also holds foreign diplomat status in the following nations, as well as those that are on the embassy list, these are the nations that we hold solely foreign diplomat status in or they solely hold foreign diplomat status in Apachiland
Culture and Media
Apachiland holds many different national symbols:
The National Animal is the Golden Pheasant.
The National Dish is the Roast Dinner.
The National Drink is Guinness Lager.
Apachiland has four National Holidays:
Independence Day - Fourth of April - Foundation of Apachiland.
Liberty Day - Eighth of January - Date the Apachan Civil War ended.
Republic Day - Thirteenth of May - Date of the foundation of the Republic of Apachiland.
Opening day - Twenty-First of May - Date Apachiland joined the Reformed Intermicronational Confederation, the day Apachiland opened itself up to foreign relations again after two years in isolation.
Apachiland has 3 media outlets:
Apachan Broadcasting Company
The New Perspective
All of these operate as discord news channels that any member of the discord server can access.