Republic of Rino Island
Republic of Rino Island
República de Rino Island (Spanish)
"Quod scripsi, scripsi"
"What is writting, write it was"
Anthem: "Sonata Pathétique" (Spanish)
Map of the islands of the Republic of Rino Island in the Pacific Ocean.
and largest city
|Aldea de Pedro|
|Religion (2014)||Roman Catholicism|
|Government||Constitutional socialist republic|
• President of the Grand Senate of Rino Island
• Supreme Court Judge
• Governor of the Overseas Territory of the Village of Pedro
|Carlos Sancho Santana|
|Independence from the Republic of Chile|
|09 December 2009|
|20 June 2014|
|CGSC (2020)||▲ 4.40|
very high · 11th
|Currency||Chilean Dollar (CLP)|
|Time zone||CLT and EAST (UTC−4 and −6)|
|Drives on the||right|
|Patron saint||San Vittorio|
The Republic of Rino Island (Spanish: República de Rino Island), simply called Rino Island is a micronation that claims the islands of Podestá, Davis Land, Minnehaha, Elizabeth, Emily, Rivadeneyra, and others phantom islands in the south Pacific Ocean in addition to the Overseas Territory of the Village of Pedro, a colony in Europe. The country's sole official and national language is the Spanish, often called Castillian. Its capital and largest city is Aldea de Pedro, although most of the government works from Santiago de Chile.
The territory claimed as part of Rino Island is mostly composed of phantom islands and thus not permanently inhabited, but regardless, it has been claimed by the Spanish Empire from the 16th century to the 19th century, when Spain recognized Chile's independence and thus sovereignty over the islands. In 2009, Vittorio Rino proclaimed the creation of the Republic of Rino Island, independent from Chile, actively claiming these various phantom islands and islets, unlike Chile, and thus the sovereignty claim wasn't contested. In time, due to the very much high volume of activity reached, especially in the micronation's early years, Rino Island became one of the most prominent Spanish-speaking micronations ever and the most successful Chilean-originated micronation. It has hosted several major events, such as the 2016 Microvision Festival and the 2015 Friendship Games. The Rino Island National Virtual Football Team won the 2020 Micronations World Cup after a great final against the Empire of Europe.
Rino Island is a member of the Organization of United Micronations, of the Unión Mundial, it is a founding member of Microvisión, and a member of the Conference of Santiago and can be regarded as a great power in Spanish-speaking micronationalism, as well as a superpower in Chilean micronationalism, being widely recognized as the largest in the country, and one of the most numerous in South America. It has been active not only in the Spanish-speaking sector but its influence has reached the Brazilian sector as well.
The international press has described Rino Island as a leading micronation in diplomatic development.
Diplomatically, he has established contact with countries with full rights, such as the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic, meeting with the ambassador in Mexico of the African country. They also had an interview with Eduardo|Artés in 2017, when he was a Chilean presidential candidate.
Rino Island is named after Vittorio Rino, a Italian merchant an founder of the republic. The name in Spanish is "Rino Island", and not its translation "Isla de Rino" to avoid confusion with the name of the Isla de Rino (the renamed Davis Land). The name was born as a tribute, and at the same time he took his idea from Bolivia, named in honor of Simón Bolivar. This because the name of Bolivia was the idea of the congressman Manuel Martín Cruz, who say: "If from Romulus, Rome, then from Bolívar, Bolivia" (Spanish: Si de Rómulo, Roma; de Bolívar, Bolivia).
On December 9, 2009, Vittorio Rino founded the Republic of Rino Island, after a social gathering. At the beginning it was treated in a simulationist manner and it served an unprofessional/hobbyist purpose, but over time it became more serious which culminated in 2013 when Rino Island created an official website.
The modern history of our country begins on December 9, 2009, when the proclamation of the national independence of the Republic of Rino Island takes place, written and read by His Excellency the President of the Republic Don Vittorio Rino.The original objective was to make our young country a social club, in the manner of the Parva Domus that exists in Uruguay. Those were the first guidelines of our origins, and this was maintained until 2012. In that year, new citizens proposed the creation of a website, an issue that opened new horizons for us.
The rapid exposure that Rino Island gained on the web caused the number of citizens to increase explosively, although many of them had no intention of participating in a positive way. This exploded in the 2013 elections, where affiliates linked to ultras groups unleashed the “civil war” by blocking the page for several days, leading to its temporary completion. At the same time, the active physical life of the Republic of Rino Island was growing, and short films, books and iconography of better quality were developed than previously owned.
Given that the volume of activity was very high, President Vittorio Rino decided to cede the government to his personal friend Benedetto Samperi, a Chilean citizen, to draft new constitution, laws and make the project compatible with web participation. In June 2014 the Rino Island Political Constitution was promulgated, with Benedetto Samperi as president. Institutions such as the Rino Island Institute Of Research were created, which has carried out a series of outstanding investigations, and the country's territorial limits were definitively established. Pato Pictures received official support, and our official YouTube channel was institutionalized by the Rino Island Broadcasting Company. Diplomatically we are experiencing a high development, starting to have contact with micronations, many of these links continue to this day. We request to join the Organization of United Micronations, a process delayed by a border dispute.
The December 2014 presidential election handed the presidency over to Tomás Ríos, who actively developed diplomacy allowing Rino Island to join the United Micronations Organization. Thanks to an agreement with a Spanish micronation, the Pedro colony was incorporated, today converted into the Pedro Overseas Territory.
In 2016, Don Jair Meza, a former Mexican footballer, who only governed for a month, was elected to disappear from all records later. He put an end to the film studio and promulgated a Penal Code. He also established Esperanto as a co-official language.
The absence of Meza destabilized the political system, which caused a series of instabilities, including two coups, d'état between 2016-2017, and a decrease in citizens, which did not prevent the organization of the 2016 Microvisión Musical Festival. Finally, in May 2017, the nation returned to power, thanks to the Rino Island Coup of 2017, led by Anastasio López and Marco Antonio Rino, the founder's nephew.
Anastasio López chaired the reorganization committee that governed Rino Island together with the Council during 2017-2018, leading the update of the laws and a series of constitutional and institutional reforms that modernized our country. Hand in hand with Marco Antonio Rino since September 2018, Rino Island has achieved enormous development, achieving physical activity mainly, as well as on the web. Diplomatic contacts were established with the embassy of the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic, and with the Kingdom of Araucanía and Patagonia.
The celebration of our 10 years of independence in 2019 was just one of a series of great milestones in the government of President Rino: the opening of the national library, the reestablishment of Pato Pictures, the philatelic museum, the reopening of the Grand Senate and the Supreme Court, together with the formation of a solid institutional framework, supported by the Rinoislander National Unity Party. In addition, Pedro's Overseas Territory began to be a national autonomous territory, governed by Carlos Sancho Santana.
Since the beginning of 2020, the president warned that the coronavirus would be a global plague, warning citizens to have the largest of the safeguards in each country where they resided.
In September 2020, President Rino was re-elected for the 2020-2022 presidential period after obtaining 92% of the votes in the national elections, with the Rinois National Unity Party winning all of the seats in the Grand Senate and the Assembly of Neighbors of Pedro. That year the presidential term was increased to two years, which nominally ends in 2022.
President Rino's second term has been marked by important advances that have received international praise. International media have highlighted its large population,and its legal development, and it has received increasing attention for its continental importance in micronationalism.
Government and Politics
Rino Island is a presidential democratic republic, according to the 2014 Constitution. The President of the Republic is in charge of the executive function, and draws up laws together with the Grand Senate; the judicial functions correspond to the Supreme Court-appointed by the President. The presidential term is currently two years, with immediate reelection. The term of the Great Senate is one year, with indefinite re-elections.
The Grand Senate is made up of ten members and the President of the Republic, who himself is a Senator in his own right. Another Senator is appointed by the National Trade Union Central to represent the national unions.
Although a democratic and multiparty republic the Rinoislandic National Unity Party its the most relevant in the country, to which the President Marco Antonio Rino and all members of the Grand Senate belong. The party is also known as "the political expression of the nation". The Christian Social Party was recently founded. There is also the Workers' Party of Rino Island, of socialist inspiration.
Since the founding of the Pacific Micronations Mancommunity, there has been a "Commonwealth Parliament", where representatives from Pudustán, Rino Island, the Austral United Republic and the Pedro Overseas Territory participate. The first democratic elections of such a body are expected to take place in October.
List of Presidents of the Republic
|#||Portrait||Name||Party||Took Office||Left Office|
|1||Vittorio Rino||Rinoislandic National Unity Party||9 December 2009||20 December 2013|
|1||Benedetto Samperi||Rinoislandic National Unity Party||20 December 2013||15 January 2015|
|1||Tomás Ríos||Revolutionary Socialist Party||15 January 2015||15 January 2016|
|1||Jair Meza||Humanist Alternative||15 January 2015||2 July 2016|
|1||Jorge de Antillón||Independent||2 July 2016||2 February 2017|
|1||Tomás Ríos||Rino Island National Revolutionary Party||2 February 2017||14 March 2017|
|1||Francisco Gomez||Rino Island National Revolutionary Party||14 March 2017||2 May 2017|
|1||Anastasio López||Rinoislandic National Unity Party||2 May 2017||10 September 2018|
|1||Marco Antonio Rino||Rinoislandic National Unity Party||10 September 2018||May 2022|
|1||Anastasio López||Rinoislandic National Unity Party||May 2022||Today|
Geography and administrative divisions
The territory of Rino Island is made up of Islands, Islets, Rocks and Reefs on which sovereignty is exercised. The islands claimed by the Republic of Rino Island are:
- Davis Land, renamed as Rino Island by the founder of the country, Mr. Vittorio Rino.
- Ninachumbi Island, renamed as Ducks Island by the founder of the country, Mr. Vittorio Rino.
- Podestá Island
- Minnehaha Rock, called an island by the Rino Island government.
- Emily Rock
- Elizabeth Island
- Rivadeneyra Shoal
- President Marco Antonio Rino Rock
Originally, when independence was proclaimed in 2009, our country claimed for itself the territories of the Land of Davis and Clipperton Island. Our declaration of independence established that the Land of Davis would be renamed "Isla de Rino", as a tribute to the first President of the Republic, Vittorio Rino. The country in turn would be called Rino Island, in English since it is easier for foreigners. (Rino Island Province).
Clipperton Island had to stop being officially claimed in 2014, due to admission requirements of the United Micronations Organization.[a] Given this, and in view of the fact that the other national territory was a ghost island, President Samperi proclaimed the annexation of the Podestá, Minnehaha, Emily rock, Rivadeneyra Reef, and other ghost islets of the Pacific Ocean. Letters were sent to the governments of the Pacific Rim. (Province of Outer Islands).
On January 1, 2016, by virtue of a treaty with the “Independent Kingdom of the Numantine Lands”, Rino Island came to have sovereignty over the village of Rebollosa de Pedro,[b] or simply Pedro, in Montejo de Tiermes. Its 10 inhabitants became Rinoislandees, and formed the Pedro Province, like Colonia, which after a referendum in 2019 became an Overseas Territory, with autonomy. (Pedro Overseas Territory).
Rino Island's international policy is aimed at promoting micronation and its economy and development. This has been carried out with the objective of insertion in serious micronational organizations of world relevance. In this way, Rino Island is a member of the United Micronations (2015), Micronational Broadcasting Union (2015), Central American and Caribbean Micronations Organization (associate member since 2015), the Conference of Santiago (2020), the Spanish Speaking Micronations Community (2020), and is the founder of the Commonwealth of Pacific Ocean Micronations (2020).
The international press has highlighted Rino Island for supporting the w:State of Palestine State of Palestine, the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic, and the restoration of Spain's sovereignty over|Gibraltar. In 2019, the government of Rino Island conducted an interview with Ahmed Mulay, the Saharawi ambassador in Mexico, where they expressed their full support.
Rino Island since January 1, 2020, only establishes diplomatic relations with entities that demonstrate: 1) at least one continuous year of verifiable existence; 2) solidity in your project; 3) that do not have aims, propaganda or governments of a racist, totalitarian nature, or contrary to human rights. The first requirement (one year of existence) will be exempted from those micronations that demonstrate seriousness and relevance that make it presume that their existence will be lasting over time. Likewise, diplomatic relations with entities that carry out simulationism, understood as State modelling, are not adopted if their activities are fanciful and not serious.
Since 2018 the Minister of Foreign Affairs has been Anastasio López.
Some of the most important events of the diplomatic policy of Rino Island are the following:
- w:Chile: In 2017, the Chilean presidential candidate Eduardo Artés was interviewed for Rino Island. Although he was not elected, it is the first interview between a macro-national presidential candidate and a micronation.
- Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic: In 2019, the President of the Republic Marco Antonio Rino interviewed the Saharawi ambassador in Mexico, H.E. Mr. Ahmed Mulay Ali Hamadi, informing him of Rino Island's support for full Sahrawi independence. Rino Island has been promoting the independence and sovereign rights of the Saharawi people since 2019.
- Kingdom of Araucanía and Patagonia: In 2019, diplomatic relations were established with the Kingdom of Araucanía and Patagonia, with which President Rino was invited to the traditional mass of Santa Rosa de Lima.
- w:Armenia: The Armenian embassy in Spain thanks privately, and via social networks, President Marco Antonio Rino, for his letter in defense of the people of Armenia and Artsakh, in the context of the 2020 war. The letter was published in the digital medium "Hispanidad".
- w:Vanuatu: In January 2021 a letter from President Rino addressed to the leaders of the Pacific Islands Forum, and Chile and Perú was published by the Vanuatu Daily Post Vanuatu's leading written journal.
- w:Venezuela: In January 2021, official congratulations were sent to the Venezuelan opposition's Party. Mr. Jesús Hermoso, a prominent member of the Red Flag party of Venezuela, and a member of the International Commission of that party expressed his gratitude to the Russian-Dutch press for the coverage of his 51st anniversary, and the congratulations sent by HE President Marco Antonio Rino.
Rino Island has been noted for its production and cultural development, being the most recognized today in Latin America. An important part of the cultural direction corresponds to the National Academy, founded in 2010 and chaired since then by Anastasio López. This academy has managed the publication of various books and texts, along with maintaining the national library of Rino Island, the largest of texts on micronationalism in Latin America. The academic journal "micronationalism" has been published in Spanish and Portuguese since 2020.
The Rino Island Broadcasting Company has produced a series of animated shorts for free distribution. Between 2012-2014, eight films were produced, of which five are preserved. The rest were destroyed by order of President Jair Meza.
The Ministry of Foreign Relations of Rino Island has promoted the creation of virtual cultural centers in other micronations of Latin America and Spain, as a way to develop culture and education mutually. The Kingdom of Helitania implemented its Cultural Center in 2020.
In 2022, a collaboration agreement was established with Espacio Geografico, a center for the study and teaching of geographic sciences, based in Argentina.
The Republic of Rino Island has been repeatedly highlighted in the mass media for supporting the w:State of Palestine State of Palestine, the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic, and the restoration of Spain's sovereignty over|Gibraltar. Media outlets from Spain, Italy, Chile, Argentina, Mexico and Germany, among others, have highlighted the fact that the Republic of Rino Island claims the phantom islands of the Pacific Ocean, highlighting it as one of the largest and most active micronations in Latin America. It has been claimed that Rino Island has a troubled political history, yet it is more stable than Bolivia.
w:Luc Bürgin Luc Bürgin swiss writer and former journalist for Basler Zeitung Medien and as editor in chief of Baslerstab, included Rino Island in his book on mysteries, "Geheimnisse der Matrix" (2021), in his exposition about the history of Podesta Island and other phantom islands. In 2022 the Republic of Rino Island was included in the book "Le isole dei sogni impossibili" of the renowned Italian journalist Riccardo|Bottazzo, specialized in marine issues. The book includes stories of micronations, indigenous peoples, and stories of individuals. After this the Minister Arturo Loretti was interviewed extensively by the press in Iquique, Chile.
- ↑ Territorio de Rino|Island, 1 December 2017
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 https://www.elcalbucano.cl/2021/07/la-curiosa-historia-de-las-micronaciones-en-chile-reportaje/ LA CURIOSA HISTORIA DE LAS MICRONACIONES EN CHILE (REPORTAJE) 22 Julio, 2021
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 https://www.viajerosenruta.com/rino-island-la-micronacion-fantasma/ Rino Island: la micronación fantasma
- ↑ https://www.rinoisland.com/p/presidencia-de-la-republica.html Presidencia de la República
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 https://www.ligurianautica.com/rubriche/rino-island-la-repubblica-delle-isole-che-non-ci-sono/ Rino Island: la Repubblica delle isole che non ci sono
- ↑ Los cuatro países que Ud. no conoce, 1 December 2017
- ↑ https://theworldnews.net/co-news/el-pueblo-saharaui-es-victima-de-una-politica-de-genocidio-a-cargo-del-ejercito-y-fuerzas-policiales-marroquis "El pueblo saharaui es víctima de una política de genocidio a cargo del ejército y fuerzas policiales marroquís"
- ↑ Facebook de Eduardo Artés, 22 April 2017
- ↑ https://www.rinoisland.com/2017/02/eduardo-artes-brichetti-presidente.html Eduardo Artés Brichetti, Presidente Partido Unión Patriótica de Chile: “En países como Chile, se gobierna con o contra el imperialismo”
- ↑ https://www.las2orillas.co/entrevista-a-eduardo-artes-candidato-presidencial-en-chile-para-2017-2021/ Entrevista a Eduardo Artés, candidato presidencial para Chile
- ↑ ENTREVISTA AL LIC. AHMED MUALY ALI HAMADI, MINISTRO CONSEJERO, ENCARGADO DE NEGOCIOS SAHARAUI DE LA EMBAJADA SAHARAUI EN MEXICO., 1 December 2017
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Solicitan reconocimiento a la República Saharaui y el establecimiento de relaciones diplomáticas | Sahara Press Service https://www.spsrasd.info/news/es/articles/2022/07/16/40652.html
- ↑ Saludos al Reino de la Araucanía y Patagonia por su aniversario, 9 September 2019
- ↑ La verdad sobre la guerra entre Armenia y Azerbayán: fanáticos musulmanes atacan a los cristianos armenios., 1 October 2017
- ↑ Chile and Peru should be Dialogue Partners of the Pacific Islands Forum., 13 january 2021
- ↑ https://www.rinoisland.com/2021/01/se-envian-felicitaciones-al-partido.html Se envían felicitaciones al Partido Bandera Roja por sus 51 años
- ↑ https://www.rinoisland.com/2021/01/bandera-roja-agradece-nuestra-nota-por.html Bandera Roja agradece nuestra nota por su 51° aniversario
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 18.2 Reconocida organización geográfica argentina llega a Chile - Central Web https://www.centralweb.cl/reconocida-organizacion-geografica-argentina-llega-a-chile/
- ↑ https://helitania.wordpress.com/cultura/ Cultura del Reino de Helitania
- ↑ La Isla Fantasma que le quitó la Antártica al Ecuador – Fronteras https://fronterasblog.com/2021/02/22/la-isla-fantasma-que-le-quito-la-antartica-al-ecuador/
- ↑ Rino Island… nuevo DXCC en sudamérica? – EA1URO.COM https://ea1uro.com/radio/rino/
- ↑ Cuáles son las misteriosas islas fantasmas del Pacífico Sur - Turismo de Bolsillo https://www.turismodebolsillo.com.ar/mundo/cuales-son-las-misteriosas-islas-fantasmas-del-pacifico-sur.html/102145
- ↑ 23.0 23.1 Geheimnisse der Matrix: Wie wirklich ist die Wirklichkeit? | (pravda-tv.com) https://www.pravda-tv.com/2021/11/geheimnisse-der-matrix-wie-wirklich-ist-die-wirklichkeit/
- ↑ Rino Island: República de espejismos marinos https://tetere.cl/2022/08/16/rino_island_segun_te_tere/
- ↑ Clipperton Island is claimed by the Kingdom of Rotham, and at the same time corresponds to an Overseas territory of the French Republic.
- ↑ Rino Island's claim on the village is of a purely cultural nature, and as the seat of its representation in Spain. The Republic of Rino Island recognizes the territory of the Aldea de Pedro as sovereign territory of the Kingdom of Spain..
- Oceanian micronations
- Micronations in Italy
- Chilean micronations
- Hispanic micronations
- Micronations in the United States
- Brazilian sector
- Democratic micronations
- Constitutional republics
- Micronational Football Teams
- Spanish-speaking regions
- Rino Island
- Micronations established in 2009
- Micronations in North America