Republic of Samacia
Republic of Samacia
The Communal Republic of Samacia, more commonly known as Samacia, is a micronation created on December 1, 2020 through a declaration of independence published by the National Liberation Movement of Samatia, after consultation and approval by the National Council.
Samacia claims Los Monegros of Aragon, through its Territorial Law, and does so because of the unfulfilled commitment by all the political administrations of Aragon and Spain to create the Natural Park of Los Monegros since 2000.
Samacia's territorial claim includes the creation of a Natural Park in Los Monegros and that it should not be affected by any type of economic exploitation or use beyond respect for the environment and nature.
Relevant historical events:
- 24 October 2022: calling of the first elections in Samacia to elect senators.
- 12 November 2022: holding of the elections to elect senators and election of David Ruiz Herrero as president of the National Board.
- 15 November 2022: transfer of power to David Ruiz Herrero as president of Samacia.
- 1 March 2023: removal of David Ruiz Herrero from his position as president of Samacia due to incompetence and inability to assume his duties.
- 5 March 2023: Election of Antonio García Sánchez as the new president of Samacia by the assembly of the National Board.
The flag represents the greens and blacks of the flora and the land of Brenicia, the capital of the micronation.
The coat of arms of Samacia represents the three times that the Dragon (Evil) has been defeated by St. George, patron saint of Aragon, first with Peter I in the battle of Alcoraz, then with James I in the liberation of Valencia and the third with the independence of Samacia as the homeland of Aragonese culture.
Samacia was born by Aragonese people and is a micro-nation dedicated to the promotion and defense of Aragonese culture, in the face of the institutional abandonment of the State and the Government of the Autonomous Community of Aragon, which for decades neglected the defense of Aragonese culture.
In order to have its own space to promote Aragonese culture, the Popular University Juan Sobrarias was created on January 9, 2021, whose name refers to the great Aragonese humanist of the Renaissance.
Since 2021, a major effort has been made to give Samacia its own culture and traditions by collecting statistical data such as music trends. Thus, data was collected on which song is the most listened to each month:
- The most played song in May 2022 was Alien by Freak Slug.
- What Happened to the Menorah by TOLEDO was the most played song in August 2022.
- Forgiveness by Rina Sawayama was the most played song in the Communal Republic of Samacia in September 2022.
- Locos by Leon Larregui was the most played song in the nation in October 2022.
- Talk About It by Moods was the most played song in the Samacia Communal Republic in November 2022.
- As It Was by Harry Styles was the most played song in the Samacia Communal Republic in February 2023.
- 20 Reasons by Talia Mar was the most played song in the Samacia Communal Republic in March 2023.
On 16 November 2022, the Photography Competition on Monegros Samaciano 2022 was announced, and the winner was Antonio García Sánchez with his photo, which was presented on 1 December.
The former president Valentín Ferrer was the first native Samacian to write literature. His first publication was the poem "Our lips" on 14 December 2022.
Articles of Popular University Juan Sobrarias
|Juan Lorenzo Palmireno y su legado en la cultura aragonesa||https://samacia.blogspot.com/2021/02/juan-lorenzo-palmireno-y-su-legado-en.html|
|Luis Buñuel y su legado en la cultura aragonesa||https://samacia.blogspot.com/2021/08/luis-bunuel-y-su-legado-en-la-cultura.html|
|Renacimiento en Aragón||https://samacia.blogspot.com/2021/09/renacimiento-en-aragon.html|
|Obra teatral de Santiago Aguilar Oliver||https://samacia.blogspot.com/search/label/Universidad%20Popular%20Juan%20Sobrarias#:~:text=Obra%20teatral%20de%20Santiago%20Aguilar%20Oliver|
The system of government in Samacia is the oligarchy, only those people who contribute to finance the micronation can participate in electing the senators, and these elect the National Board, which are the Government of Samacia.
2022 Winter Olympics boycott
Samacia took part in the boycott of the 2022 Winter Olympics boycott.
Since 24 February 2022, Samacia has in force an Agreement on mutual recognition and cultural cooperation with the Republic of Abenica.
As of 15 March 2022, the Treaty on Mutual Recognition between the Republic of Luytena and the Communal Republic of Samacia is in force.
As of 11 April 2022, the Neor-Samacia Alliance entered into force.
Since 21 September 2022, ratified the Treaty of Mutual Recognition and Cooperation between Samacia and Valumar, which was signed the day before.
Since 22 September 2022, signed and ratified the Treaty of Mutual Recognition and Cooperation between the Communal Republic of Samacia and the Social State of El Dorado.
Since 31 March 2023, signed and ratified the Treaty of Friendship and Mutual Recognition with the Most Serene Republic of Larberiza.