|Lord Adjudicator of Tribune of Truth|
as The King
|Term length||No term limits are imposed on the office|
|Inaugural holder||The Count of Gesetzhausen|
|Formation||1 December 2014|
The Lord Adjudicator (Portuguese: Lorde Adjudicador) is the head of the Tribune of Truth, the judiciary and only court of Ebenthal, thus, the most senior judge in the country. His position, however, is primus inter pares, as despite his presidency over the court, the Lord Adjudicator does not have greater power than his colleagues when it comes to legal decisions.
According to Constitution of Ebenthal, the Lord Adjudicator is entitled to:
- To represent the Tribune of Truth.
- To summon and chair the meetings of the Tribune of Truth, deciding the ties with a vote of quality.
- To establish the agenda of the meetings of the Tribune of Truth.
- To propose to the Tribune of Truth any issue it deems appropriate regarding their competence.
- To propose the appointment of the truchsess in charge of giving judgment to Tribune to prepare the resolution of a matter.
- To authorize with its signature the agreements of the Tribune of Truth.
- To establish and run the Tribune of Truth Press Office.
- To order the carrying out of giving sentences.
The Lord Adjudicator is appointed at the Sovereign's discretion among the five Adjudicators that compose the Tribune of Truth court. However, to enter in force, the appointment must be ratified by the Grand Parlor. Provided that the appointee wins the approval of the parliament, they take an oath of loyalty to the Crown and the Constitution and only then assumes the office of Lord Adjudicator. If the parliament decline the Sovereign's appointment, the Monarch proceeds to appoints another member for the position. If the appointee be rejected again, then the task to appoint a Lord Adjudicator falls to the House of Aristocrats.
List of Seneschals
|I||Pedro Reis, 1st Count of Gesetzhausen||1 December
|Re-appointed several times.|