Republic of The Sohnland
Republic of The Sohnland
|Motto: "Dark sky, Golden Dove, over a crimson sunset."|
|Government Coat of Arms|
• Supreme Leader
|20 April 2005|
• Monarchy abolished
26 July 2015
|0.00031 km2 (0.00012 sq mi) (197th)|
|GDP (PPP)||2019 estimate|
• Per capita
|Currency||Sohnlandic pound sterling (SPS)|
|Time zone||UTC, WET|
• Summer (DST)
|UTC+1 (British Summer Time, WEST)|
The Republic of The Sohnland, also known as The Sohnland or TSL (// ( (listen))) for short, is a micronation that claims several properties in Warwickshire, Derbyshire, and Leicestershire, England. Apart from being known for its incredibly small size of 305m², The Sohnland functions like any other recognised country in its full capacity. While The Sohnland has been described as an example of professional micronationalism and a movement for legitimacy, it is not officially recognised by any established sovereign state.
The Sohnland is the shortened colloquial name for the "Republic of The Sohnland", and refers to the name of the geographical region described by Sohnlandic locals of which where the republic is situated, similar to how the Sub Saharan country of The Gambia is named after the Gambia River that flows through the country.
According to the Sohnlandic constitution, there are other perfectly acceptable synonyms for The Sohnland, such as Sohnland, Sonland, Pigeonland, Bird land, Land of the Doves, and even Greater Carnifron, however, they are only ever used in casual settings and not to refer to the nation outside of casual conversation or on formal occasions.
The Sohnland and its inhabitants have shown strong distaste in how they are currently governed by the UK under Westminster in regards to taxation, tariffs and economic regulation. How their taxes are reallocated within the UK being one of the main reasons. According to the official government website of The Sohnland their citizens generally lean towards right wing values and populist ideals.
From 11 May 2020, People visiting The Sohnland can request a passport stamp or even a postage stamp despite not being a mandatory part of customs.
Citizens of The Sohnland are not required to carry ID Cards but they can ask for one for a small fee, like with passports. Sohnlandic ID cards have the security features of any other typical ID card; holographic features and with the Guilloché pattern design that you see on any sophisticated banknotes or other government printed documents.
The Sohnlandic government had set up small border signs on 22 July 2021 in an effort to mark out The Sohnland's in real life land claims.
In order to receive Sohnlandic citizenship, you must be appointed or approved directly by Ethan S. To improve the likelihood of being appointed as a citizen of The Sohnland, you will need to follow certain criteria. Your intentions and convictions must be known, along with your contact information. You must also know the Supreme Leader of The Sohnland personally and show support and allegience to The Sohnland.
Nations with which The Sohnland has signed a treaty of nominal recognition or exchanged acts of recognition
- Grand Order of The Dane Republic, 31 July 2021
- Karno-Ruthenian Empire, 1 August 2021
- Republic of Libertalia, 27 April 2022
- Sovereign Municipality of Ameristralia, 25 March 2022
- Cycoldian Imperium, 1 June 2023
- Republic of Ethosia, 4 Sepetmber 2023
The Sohnland claims to have received tacit or in other words, implied recognition in the absence of formal acknowledgment.
There have been occasions where Sohnlandic passports were accepted at German customs at an airport alongside British passports as if they were documents of a sovereign nation.
The Sohnland's official government accounts on Chinese social media platforms and that Sohnlandic government websites were completely blocked for being a foreign government force outside threat to national security and "Harming the unity, sovereignty, or territorial integrity of the nation" according to Chinese government affiliated censors.
This prompted a shut down in TSL and PRC trade and an eventual switch in diplomatic relations for recognition of Taiwan (Republic of China) in retaliation. 
The Sohnland is a bicultural nation since it has its roots and origins coming from the British Isles and Germany. The Sohnland today has citizenship that still hold German citizenship and their German passports to this day.
Religion and its influences are largely absent from The Sohnland today as 90% of the Carnifron City region in The Sohnland is a mixture of agnostics and athiests; The 10% is said to be of the Christian faith.
However, before technocracy took root in The Sohnland, there was a much larger presence of Christianity in The Sohnland. This was before the Sohnlandic government put regulations on preaching religion. This is not to be confused with banning practicing religion.
The most notable national dish of The Sohnland is the Fried spam with baked beans, accompanied with British chips.
National Foundation Day
The national foundation day or otherwise known as the annual anniversary of The Sohnland is the date when the very first predecessor to the current republic of The Sohnland was founded on 20 April 2005.
The Sohnland has an open laissez-faire, state-capitalist market economy by which the government of The Sohnland itself takes part in the economy whilst maintaining minimal restrictions on private enterprise and businesses.
The Bank and Treasury of The Sohnland printed real authentic banknotes and having minted genuine metal coins. The Sohnland, unlike many micronations, they have a real world currencies to trade with akin to recognised countries. Although, the value of the Sohnlandic pound sterling is uregulated and is not officially capped to any other real world currency or commodity, they have an estimated value of 2.08 USD per 1 Sohnlandic Pound Sterling (SPS) according to their local authorities.
This variation of the souvenir banknote was initially designed as a critique on micronational currencies due to their low value as the value declared is £0 GBP. The Sohnland has planned to print polymer banknote with holographic security features to to give them a genuine appearance, closely resembling €0 Banknotes in their makeup. 
In The Sohnland, the means of production and private and personal property is not to be unecessarily reallocated or redistributed. Private and personal property are to be regarded as interchangeable.
The property of the State is the private and personal property of head of state. The State shall guarantee giving priority to the improvement of its property which plays a leading role in the development of the national economy. Land title deeds witheld by the great leader are to act as de facto territory of The Sohnland or until otherwise made de jure sovereign claims.
The property of social cooperative organisations belongs to the State. Social cooperative organisations can possess such property as land, agricultural machinery, ships, medium- small sized factories and enterprises. The State shall protect the property of social cooperative organisations.
Government and Politics
The Nationalist Party of The Sohnland (NPS), formerly the Sohnlandic-Juche Party before 26 march 2022 is the sole ruling party of The Sohnland. The nationalist party advocates for the unity and full cooperation of all people in The Sohnland regardless of their backgrounds to come together and make The Sohnland a better place for all and to preserve its values and ideals.
Ever since the unrecognised nation's founding back in April of 2005 The Sohnland has had the same benevolent dictator, Supreme Leader Ethan of The Sohnland. The Sohnland is currently ruled by an autocratic and technocratic government.
The Sohnland is comprised of three separate ceremonial cantons that are administered individually by the citizens that live in them and directly from the national government simultaneously. These three ceremonial cantons are separately enclaved within the United Kingdom and are not contiguous to the Sohnlandic mainland. They are officially known as ceremonial cantons as they lack the status as municipalities since they are not official run government entities within The Sohnland, merely acknowledged by the citizens within them and for their contributions to The Sohnland as a whole. These ceremonial cantons go by the Carnifron Region, Mainland Sohnland, Allenton Region and finally the capital district of The Sohnland which goes by Carnifron City.
|Carnifron Region||2||0.305 km²|
|Mainland Sohnland||5||0.270 km²|
|Allenton Region||2||0.310 km²|
|Carnifron City||1||0.001 km²|
National Health Service
With The Sohnland making advancements in medicine and treatment, they've used their own tax funding and their domestic incomes collectively to fund for their own medical equipment and supplies. Including but not limited to breathing ventilators (multiple), many medical kits, blood testing kits, drug and alcohol tests, blood sugar testing kits, vitamin and mineral reserves and prescription medications.
The Sohnland advises its citizens and makes an official response to COVID-19 by limiting travel and stocking up on food and medical supplies.
The DoveArchives is a Sohnlandic state funded, free online encyclopaedia that allows anyone to make and contribute to articles about anything they want. The site itself is a place to edit articles with little restrictions. Allowing authors to protect their articles from meddling users and making the manual of style not obligatory.
DoveSites Hosting is the state owned company that manages the national network framework for The Sohnland. The platform also functions as the website directory and search engine for The Sohnland and allows free domains for any website so long as they abide by its policies.
The Sohnland Today
The Sohnland Today is the state owned newspaper that focuses on major news events in The Sohnland.
Sohnlandic websites are managed by the national network infrastucture company, DoveSites Hosting.
- "Religious demographics in The Sohnland by infographic". 2 October 2021. Retrieved 2 October 2021.
- "Foundation Day". 2 October 2021. Retrieved 2 October 2021.
- "Sohnlandic Monarchy Is Abolished". 1 October 2021. Retrieved 1 October 2021.
- "Land Area". www.thesohnlandgov.info. 1 October 2021. Retrieved 1 October 2021.
- "GDP Per Capita as of 2019". 1 October 2021. Retrieved 1 October 2021.
- "Human Development Index". 1 October 2021. Retrieved 1 October 2021.
- "Driving Side". 2 October 2021. Retrieved 2 October 2021.
- "Dialing Code". 2 October 2021. Retrieved 2 October 2021.
- "The Sohnland lacking recognition as a sovereign state". 1 October 2021. Retrieved 4 January 2022.
- I, Ethan (16 September 2021). "Etymology of the name of The Sohnland". www.tslgov.info. Retrieved 14 September 2021.
- "Justification for secession in The Sohnland". 30 December 2020. Retrieved 31 December 2020.
- I, Ethan (30 December 2020). "When The Sohnland obtained passports". Retrieved 30 December 2020.
- "Passport Stamps". 11 May 2020. Retrieved 30 December 2020.
- "Sohnlandic ID Cards Origin". 12 July 2020. Retrieved 31 December 2020.
- I, Ethan (30 December 2020). "The Sohnland Signs the EU EEA Agreement". Retrieved 30 December 2020.
- I, Ethan (30 December 2020). "Citizenship in The Sohnland". Retrieved 30 December 2020.
- "The Sohnland switching recognition". 1 October 2021. Retrieved 4 January 2022.
- "Sohnlandic Demographics". 1 October 2021. Retrieved 1 October 2021.
- "Christian faith and religious practices". 1 October 2021. Retrieved 1 October 2021.
- "Christian faith and religious practices". 1 October 2021. Retrieved 1 October 2021.
- "National Dishes". 1 October 2021. Retrieved 1 October 2021.
- "National Day on 20 April 2005". 1 October 2021. Retrieved 1 October 2021.
- "16th National Day". 1 October 2021. Retrieved 1 October 2021.
- "Chapter two of the Sohnlandic constitutuion referring to the economy". 14 September 2021. Retrieved 14 September 2021.
- "Documented value od SPS to USD". 14 September 2021. Retrieved 14 September 2021.
- I, Ethan (30 December 2020). "Sohnlandic banknotes origin".
- The Sohnlandic Constitution Chapter 2, Article 20
- The Sohnlandic Constitution Chapter 2, Article 21
- The Sohnlandic Constitution Chapter 2, Article 22
- "Provinces". 1 October 2021. Retrieved 1 October 2021.
- "National Health Service and Benefits". 1 October 2021. Retrieved 1 October 2021.
- "COVID-19 Safety". www.tslgov.info. 2 December 2021. Retrieved 2 December 2021.
- Also in observed by the crown dependencies, and in the two British Overseas Territories of Gibraltar and Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha (though in the latter, without daylight saving time). For further information, see Time in the United Kingdom British territories.
- The Sohnland does not recognise the People's Republic of China, and instead recognises the sovereignty of the Republic of China