Ministry of Transportation (Wegmat)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Redirected from Wegmat Ministry of Transpotation)
|Jurisdiction||Weg Federal Roads, Weg railroads and Weg Aiports/Air transit|
|Headquarters||Wegmat Federal Offices |
Two Pine, Wegmat
|Annual budget||20,000 Gø|
VII FCW 2.1 outlines the responsibility and mission of the Ministry as a whole:
- (1) The Office of the Minister of Transportation is responsible for the administration,management, and coordination of all transportation-related matters within Wegmat, as well as the development and implementation of policies and regulations to ensure safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable transportation systems.
- (2) The Minister of Transportation has the authority and powers to oversee all transportation-related matters in Wegmat, including the following:
- (a) To develop and implement policies and regulations for the safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable transportation systems.
- (b) To administer and manage all transportation-related agencies and departments under the Ministry of Transportation.
- (c) To issue permits and licenses for the use of transportation infrastructure, such as roads, bridges, airports, and ports.
- (d) To regulate and enforce compliance with transportation-related laws and regulations.
- (e) To provide funding and financial support for transportation-related infrastructure and projects.
- (f) To negotiate and enter into agreements with other jurisdictions or countries related to transportation matters.
- (3) The Minister of Transportation is responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
- (a) To oversee and manage the development and implementation of transportation policies and regulations.
- (b) To provide leadership and direction to all transportation-related agencies and departments under the Ministry of Transportation.
- (c) To coordinate with other government agencies, private entities, and international organizations on transportation-related matters.
- (d) To oversee the maintenance and upkeep of transportation infrastructure, including roads, bridges, airports, and ports.
- (e) To develop and implement strategies to improve transportation safety, efficiency, and sustainability.
- (f) To ensure compliance with all transportation-related laws and regulations.
- (g) To manage the budget and financial resources of the Ministry of Transportation.
- (4) The Minister of Transportation is accountable to the Prime Minister of Wegmat and Wegmat Parliament for all transportation-related matters. The Minister is required to submit regular reports to the Prime Minister and Parliament on the activities and performance of the Ministry of Transportation.
- (5) The Minister of Transportation is appointed by the Prime Minister and confirmed by Parliament. The Minister serves at the pleasure of the Prime Minister and may be removed at any time for cause. The Minister may also resign at any time by submitting a letter of resignation to the Prime Minister.
- The Wegmat Highway Authority monitors, inspects, administrates, and partially maintains the Wegmat Route system and provides travel information.
- Wegmat International Railroad Authority regulates and de jure owns all railroads in Wegmat. This includes part 2 active railroads of the Union Pacific and Canadian Pacific railroads. It administers the disused Canadian National and CSX 8-kilometer section between Austin Avenue and River Grove. CN still maintains the track up to the US Federal Railroad Administration code but WIRRA claims the MOT owns it.
- The Wegmat Aviation Agency is the agency that regulates and controls civilian air traffic in Wegmat along with the Wegmat Air Corp. It also owns and administers all airports.
- The Wegmat Maritime Agency controls some ports in Wegmat along with all interprovincial waterways with the cooperation of the Wegmat Coast Guard
- The Wegmat Port Agency is a major subagency of the WMA that regulates all provincial, municipal, and private ports.
- The Wegmat Cargo Transit Agency regulates all surface transportation of goods.
- Weg Ways is the long-distance ground passenger system of Wegmat. Carts pulled by bikes as well as future automobile transit takes passengers across Wegmat.
- The Thatcher and Isadora Railroad is a railroad company administered by WIRRA that is preparing 5 rail services on the CN track.
- The Federal Transit Police is the law enforcement agency tasked with protecting transport in Wegmat.