Kingdom of Mayursia
Kingdom of Mayursia
|Motto: "ଗୋଟିଏ ପୃଥିବୀ, ଗୋଟିଏ ଭବିଷ୍ୟତ"|
"One Earth, One Future"
|Largest||Ratnachal (de jure)|
Padmarashtra (de facto)
|Government||Federal absolute monarchy under democracy|
|Succeeded the Empire of Astronesia|
• Initial Establishment (As Free Republic of Elite City)
|17 April 2016|
• Dissolution of Republican Government
|30 March 2022|
• Establishment of Provisional Government (As Astronesia)
|30 March 2022|
• Establishment of Monarchy
|26 December 2022|
• Dissolution of Astronesia and establishment of Mayursia
|5 May 2023|
|Currency||Indian rupee (₹) (INR)|
|Time zone||UTC+05:30 (IST) |
|DST not observed|
The Kingdom of Mayursia (Odia: ମୟୂରସିଆ (Listen) (help·info)), commonly known as Mayursia, is a sovereign state classified as a micronation from an external perspective. Situated within India, it extends its presence through overseas colonies in countries such as Russia and the United States of America. As a federal absolute monarchy, Mayursia's monarch serves as both the head of the state and the government. The nation's capital, Dharmapur, is not only a hub of administration but also houses Raj Mahal, the Monarch's Palace, positioned approximately 1038 kilometers away from the mainland. The official languages of Mayursia include English and Odia. Its administrative structure comprises four provinces within the Mainland Administrative Region, while Dharmapur holds its own status as the National Administrative Region.
The inception of the Kingdom of Mayursia traces back to its roots as a republic in 2016, founded by Preetam under the name "Free Republic of Elite City". Flourishing for six years, the nation underwent a transformative phase in 2022, transitioning from a republic to a monarchy via a referendum. This pivotal moment saw the birth of the "Federal Empire of Astronesia", an denomination that characterized its imperial phase. Following the empire's dissolution, the nation underwent another evolution, emerging as the present "Kingdom of Mayursia."
Mayursia is one of the five founding members of the Association of Asian Micronational States and it plays a significant role in regional cooperation. Its diplomatic outreach extends to established relations with Vishwamitra and the United Kingdom of Creek and Lake.
The appellation "Mayursia" is a fusion of two words: "Mayur" (Hindi:मयुर), meaning "Peacock" in Hindi, and "ia," a Latin term signifying "land of". This combination yields the evocative meaning of "Land of the Peacocks," a tribute to the revered status of peacocks within the nation's culture. The name's origin is attributed to Preetam, who proposed it during his tenure as Emperor of Astronesia, underscoring its deep cultural and personal significance.
- 17 April 2016 - 15 April 2018: Republic of Elite City
- 15 April 2018 - 30 March 2022: Free Republic of Elite City
- 30 March 2022 - 26 December 2022: Provisional Government of Astronesia
- 26 December 2022 - 5 May 2023: Empire of Astronesia
- 5 May 2023 - Present: Kingdom of Mayursia
The microcode of Mayursia is MYS. KOM and MAY are also sometimes used.
The genesis of Mayursia can be traced to its origin as the "Republic of Elite City," inaugurated on 17 April 2016 by Preetam, the founding citizen, and his companions. This fledgling nation was initially established as a parliamentary republic. As political parties began to emerge, the inaugural election transpired in 2016. The Elite Progressive Party, led by Preetam, secured a notable victory, clinching 4 out of 10 parliamentary seats. Preetam was inaugurated as the nation's first Prime Minister, subsequently forming the initial cabinet. Following parliamentary elections, the first presidential elections convened a week later. Rajesh [a] of the National Freedom Party triumphed over Aditya[b] of the Elite Progressive Party by a substantial margin, becoming the first President on 3 May 2016.
Subsequent years witnessed a period of relative inactivity within the government and the nation, until 2018 when the parliament convened again. Unfortunately, during this interval, many citizens departed, leading to vacant parliamentary seats. Both governmental and parliamentary activities dwindled, plunging the nation into an "Inactive Era." Amidst mounting calls for restored governmental operations, a pivotal moment arose. Faced with the government's lack of immediate action, a referendum materialized within the parliament. This referendum laid the foundation for the nation's transformation from a republic to a monarchy, a strategic shift intended to enhance accountability and administrative efficacy.
Establishment of Monarchy
After the dissolution of the republican government and the establishment of monarchy, the nation was renamed as the "Empire of Astronesia". Preetam, who was the Prime Minister of the republic, assumed his role as the Emperor of Astronesia and started the functioning of the nation. However, the previous citizens and members of Parliament were reluctant to rejoin the nation, claiming that the nation would again be filled with inactivity. This turned out to be true, as the nation again became inactive. This continued till April 2023, when a citizen suggested Preetam reorganize itself and become more productive and active. This suggestion was taken seriously by the government of Astronesia and it paved the way for the current day Mayursia. The initial plans to dissolve Astronesia were scheduled at the end of April but were delayed due to some unforeseen circumstances. The official date was given as the 5th of May 2023.
On the momentous date of 5th May 2023, a significant assembly convened, uniting both present and former citizens of Astronesia. The purpose was to dissolve Astronesia and give rise to the contemporary entity of Mayursia. During this gathering, pledges were made by all in attendance, committing to prevent Mayursia from succumbing to inactivity and vowing to actively contribute to the nation's prosperity. Preetam, who had previously been Emperor of Astronesia, now assumed the title of King within Mayursia.
In the immediate aftermath, the populace convened again to embark on an essential deliberation, birthing what is now referred to as the "Constituent Assembly." This body was devised to allow for citizen engagement while preserving the absolute monarchy structure of its predecessor. The outcome led to a unique blend of absolute monarchy and democratic principles within Mayursia's governance. The formation of the Constituent Assembly marked the inception of a system in which citizens would elect representatives responsible for crafting the nation's laws. With this innovative approach, Mayursia emerged as an absolute monarchy entwined with democratic ideals. Anticipation mounted as preparations began for the Constituent Assembly's elections, slated to commence by the close of May.
Government and politics
The Kingdom of Mayursia is characterized as an "absolute monarchy under democracy". At the pinnacle of the nation's hierarchy is the monarch, bearing the title of "King." This regal figure assumes the highest authority within the country, overseeing the nation's daily administration and possessing full control over diplomatic and executive functions. The position of the monarch is hereditary, passed down through successive generations, and the incumbent ruler may remain on the throne until their voluntary resignation or abdication.
Parallel to the King stands the Heir Apparent, positioned as the first in line for succession to the throne. Apart from this role, the Heir Apparent undertakes the responsibilities of a de facto deputy head of state, assisting in various state affairs and embodying continuity in leadership. This two-tiered system, where an absolute monarchy is harmoniously fused with democratic principles, defines the unique governance framework of the Kingdom of Mayursia.
The current ministries of Mayursia encompass a range of essential functions:
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs: Charged with the vital task of cultivating and nurturing diplomatic relations with other nations, this ministry plays a pivotal role in international interactions. It is responsible for designating ambassadors to represent Mayursia's interests in various micronations. Leadership of this ministry rests in the hands of the Minister of Foreign Affairs.
- Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration: A crucial department entrusted with the oversight of citizenship applications, this ministry ensures that the nation's citizenship processes remain efficient and just. Under the guidance of the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, this ministry safeguards the principles of citizenship and data.
- Ministry of Defence: Acknowledging the paramount significance of national security, this ministry is dedicated to safeguarding Mayursia's borders and overall security. Under the watchful guidance of the Minister of Defence, this department is pivotal in maintaining the nation's safety.
- Ministry of Environment and Resources: Reflecting Mayursia's commitment to environmental conservation, this ministry holds responsibility for the protection of the nation's flora and fauna. By advocating for and promoting environmental conservation, it contributes to the preservation of the nation's natural resources. The Minister of Environment and Resources oversees this crucial portfolio.
With Mayursia's unique status as an absolute monarchy under democracy, the monarch holds the dual role of being the head of the government. In line with this governance structure, the monarch exercises the authority to appoint a council of ministers, guided by the advice of the Constituent Assembly. Notably, all ministers must hold membership in the Constituent Assembly.
The legislative authority in Mayursia is vested in the Constituent Assembly, which is composed of 13 seats. The individuals who hold membership in the Constituent Assembly are officially recognized as "members of the Constituent Assembly" (MCA). Each MCA represents a specific constituency from which they were elected, providing direct representation for diverse regions. The presiding officer of the Constituent Assembly is known as the "Speaker" of the Constituent Assembly. This pivotal position ensures the orderly and effective conduct of legislative sessions. Assisting the Speaker is the "Deputy Speaker," who steps in to fulfill the Speaker's responsibilities as required. At the present juncture, both the positions of Speaker and Deputy Speaker are unoccupied, leading to an interim situation where these vital roles are vacant.
The Judiciary of Mayursia comprises the court system led by the Chief Justice and Supreme Court judges. The Supreme Court's primary role is resolving disputes involving citizens and/or provincial/colonial governments, upholding justice and ensuring legal harmony within the nation. Under the guidance of Chief Justice, the Supreme Court remains a cornerstone of Mayursia's legal framework, fostering fairness and stability.
The Armed Forces of Mayursia stand as the exclusive military entity within the nation. Mayursia's commitment to peace is evident through its affiliation as a signatory of the Union Against Micronational War, ensuring the nation's avoidance of conflicts. Responsible for safeguarding borders and addressing external threats, the Armed Forces consist of distinct branches:
- Army: Ensuring territorial security, the Army plays a pivotal role in defense and protection.
- Air Force: Vital in safeguarding airspace, the Air Force contributes to the nation's overall security.
- Peacekeeping Force: Reflecting Mayursia's dedication to stability, this force is deployed to maintain peace during internal or external situations.
While Mayursia's history remains devoid of warfare, the Armed Forces stand ready to uphold the nation's sovereignty, ensuring its protection and contributing to global peace.
Mayursia holds bilateral diplomatic relations with a selected number of nations. The oversight of all diplomatic affairs falls under the purview of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. While Mayursia's diplomatic web is in its early stages, it has succeeded in establishing significant relationships.
Among its diplomatic engagements, Mayursia holds recognition of all member states of GUM (Grand Unified Micronational) and AAMS (Association of Asian Micronational States). Additionally, Mayursia extends unilateral recognition to a handful of countries that hold membership within the United Nations (UN).
- Member states of the Association of Asian Micronational States
- Austenasia (Unilaterally)
- Creek and Lake
- New Rubix Republic
- Vishwamitra 
- Sancratosia (Unilaterally)
- Snagov (Unilaterally)
The national symbols of Mayursia are the symbols which represents Mayursia or its culture. It includes the flag, the coat of arms, the national animal, the national flower, etc. The flag and the coat of arms of Mayursia was designed on 2 May 2023 and has been used since its establishment.
List of national and official symbols of Mayursia
|National Flag||National flag of Mayursia|
|National Coat of Arms||Coat of arms of Mayursia|
|National motto||One Earth, One Future|
|National anthem||National Anthem of Mayursia|| |
|National cockade||National cockade of Mayursia|
|National colours||Yellow, White and Red|
|National animal||Royal Bengal tiger|
|National flower||Indian lotus|
|National bird||Indian peafowl|
|National calendar||Gregorian calendar
The mainland, nestled within the Indian state of Odisha, is a landlocked region with a storied history. Originally a farmland, it has since evolved into a thriving nation, offering abundant access to the rich and diverse flora and fauna of the surrounding regions. In contrast, the National Capital Region (NCR) of Mayursia occupies a distinct position in Karnataka, India. This exclave is notable for its relatively compact size, encompassing a small province and the capital city itself. The cityscape includes the illustrious Raj Mahal, serving as the royal family's residence and adding to the region's cultural significance.
The mainland of Mayursia is geographically situated at coordinates 19°26'26.4"N latitude and 84°43'18.9"E longitude, firmly anchored within the Indian Standard Time zone, denoting a time offset of UTC +5:30. The topography of Mayursia's mainland is marked by its inherent diversity, with a landscape that seamlessly blends hills, grasslands, and plains. This intricate terrain contributes to the nation's unique ecological tapestry, fostering a harmonious coexistence with nature.
|Climate data for National Capital Region|
|Record high °C (°F)||32.5
|Average high °C (°F)||28.0
|Average low °C (°F)||15.0
|Record low °C (°F)||8.8
|Average Rainfall mm (inches)||2.3
|Average relative humidity (%)||41||31||28||35||46||62||65||67||63||65||61||54||52|
|Average rainy days||0.2||0.4||0.8||3.5||6.6||5.8||7.6||9.0||8.9||9.3||4.3||1.1||57.5|
|Source: India Meteorological Department|
|Climate data for Main Administrative Division (Mainland)|
|Average high °F (°C)||78.6
|Average low °F (°C)||61.2
|Average Precipitation inches (mm)||0.551181
|Source: India Meteorological Department|
- Time Zones in India. timeanddate.com.
- Kapei, Preetam (7 August 2023). "MoFA-TMRDR-002: Treaty of Mutual Recognition between the Kingdom of Mayursia and the United Kingdom of Creek and Lake". Retrieved 7 August 2023.
- Lowe, Pio (8 November 2023). "MFA-031123-BRT-NEWRUBIX-MAYURSIA". Retrieved 7 November 2023.
- Roy, Dhrubajyoti (22 May 2023). "No.178/MR/5/2023: Treaty of Mutual Recognition between the State of Vishwamitra and the Kingdom of Mayursia". Retrieved 31 May 2023.
- "Station: Bangalore/Bangaluru Climatological Table 1981–2010" (PDF). Climatological Normals 1981–2010. India Meteorological Department. January 2015. pp. 81–82. Archived from the original (PDF) on 5 February 2020. Retrieved 10 April 2020.
- "Extremes of Temperature & Rainfall for Indian Stations (Up to 2012)" (PDF). India Meteorological Department. December 2016. p. M88. Archived from the original (PDF) on 5 February 2020. Retrieved 10 April 2020.
- "Climatological Information - Bengaluru (43296)". India Meterological Department. Retrieved 27 September 2022.