Welcome to MicroWiki
MicroWiki is the largest online encyclopædia about micronations, small and often rather eccentric nations that are unrecognised by the wider international community. The wiki is being continually improved and updated by 61,606 editors, with content being moderated by a small group of staff and funded by our generous Patrons. Since its creation on 27 May 2005, the site has grown to become the largest micronation-related website on the Internet, with a total of 192,818 pages and 36,390 articles, of which 110 have achieved good article status. Before you start editing, it is recommended that you take a look at our content disclaimer, basic rules of editing, and the nation page guide.
A micronation is, broadly speaking, any self-proclaimed sovereign state without international recognition that is treated differently to a state with limited recognition. There is no widely accepted consensus on the definition of a micronation within the field of micropatriology. Geographically, most micronations are very small, are often the outgrowth of a single individual, rely on their sovereign state (macronation) to some extent, and mimic nation-states by proclaiming national symbols—such as a flag—and issuing coins, banknotes or passports. Micronations can be founded for a variety of reasons, including discontent with one's country, personal entertainment, theoretical experimentation, protest, artistic expression, satire, tourism and the conduct of criminal activity. Most micronational claims are considered trivial enough to be ignored by the sovereign states whose territory they claim. (more...).
Taken at St. Mary's Church in Beddington, 5 November 2022, at the Anglican wedding service of Emperor Jonathan I and Princess Hannah, in the chapel during the signing of the register. L-R: Fr. Andrew Fenby, HIH Emperor Father Terry, Lord Timothy Boxall, HIM Emperor Jonathan I, the maid of honour, HI&SH Princess Hannah, other bridesmaids, HIH Crown Princess Caroline, HIM Emperor Adam I.
This month in history
- Establishment – Kingdom of Lovely (1 Jan 2005); Most Glorious People's Republic of A1 (1 Jan 2008); Kingdom of Wattania (1 Jan 2009); Principality of Posaf (2 Jan 2018); State of Bascal (7 Jan 2009); State of Gradonia (1 Jan 2018); Holy United Kamchutkan Empire (10 Jan 2022);Murrayfield (18 Jan 2009); Tsalojdom of Birgeshir (18 Jan 2010); New Europe (20 Jan 2009); Kingdom of Coleraine (21 Jan 2009); Free Cyberia (22 Jan 2000); Federated States of Antarctica (25 Jan 2009); Pontunia (12 Jan 2020) Kingdom of Angador (26 Jan 2008); The Kingdom of Suttornland (26 Jan 2021); Empire of Talcon (28 Jan 2021); Cupertino Alliance (second incarnation, 28 Jan 2020).
- Unknown – Fred Church Ortiz from Cherusken Isonomia is temporarily elected as 8th Secretary-General of the League of Secessionist States (2002).
- 1st – General Election in Austenasia (2009); legislative power passes to the Imperial Assembly in New Europe (2010); Presidents Elect Luke I and Parker I take power in Secundomia (2010), Eagle I takes flight in Secundomia (2011).
- 3rd – St.Charlian General Elections of 2010 take place (2010).
- 4th – SCSM founder Fabiana Gallo della Loggia resigns as General Secretary of the Socialist Movement, and is succeeded by Magnus de Armis (2010).
- 5th – The Grand Unified Micronational is founded (2009); Two simultaneous attempted coups at the Imperial Court of Austenasia – one attempting to trick Esmond III into abdication, and the other attempting to implement a communist revolution – fail (2011).
- 8th – The celebration of Emperor Norton Day (1880).
- 13th – Pav wins the 2011 Senyan Senyavite Elections to become Senyavite (2011)
- 18th – Wilhelm von Hartmann, Catherine Willoughby and Kasey Honings create the United Reichs of North America (2008); reformation of Murrayfield (2009).
- 18th - Inactive Baránok merges with Połiak to form the Połiak-Baránok federation.
- 21st – Branson Act 2009 is passed in St.Charlie, adopting a multi-party system (2009); The Constitution of the Confederation of Awesome is ratified by all four states (2010).
- 22nd - Leader of the Principality of Duke Tom Yusuf Kap is born in NYC. His birth marks the beggining of the Topek Calendar (2006 is Topek 1).
- 23rd – The Skirmish of Astley Meadow is fought between the Adammic Army and a British insurgent (2014).
- 26th- The Grebnar Revolution for independence breaks out on April 26 2021 and will continue for another week, the point of the revolution is to help the Federal Republic of Grebna and Vonerebna gain it's independence, this would be successful on May 1 2021
- 27th – The Declaration of Restoration is signed, reforming the Essian Commonwealth into an absolute monarchy (2017); Nicholas Randouler undemocratically dissolves the Aenderian government, leading to revival by Milaw Oakforrest and thus marking the end of the Second Aenderian Political Crisis and start of the Fifth Republic (2019).
- 28th - Following the passage of the Day 365 Act by the Aenderian Parliament, the second, more successful, incarnation of the Cupertino Alliance was founded (2020).
- 29th - Phokland gains political independence from Domanglia (2019).
Did you know...
- ... that MicroWiki was founded by Fabian Schneider on 27 May 2005?
- ... that Michael Bates was held hostage by German and Dutch mercenaries during an attempted invasion of the Principality of Sealand?
- ... that the Republic of Molossia claims to be at war with the long defunct East Germany, alleging that the state still exists on Ernst Thälmann Island?
- ... that Jonathan I, Emperor of Austenasia, purchased MicroWiki on 13 May 2014?
- ... that Wendatia has had four presidents within the span of a few months?
- ... that while Austenasia has both a House of Representatives and a Senate, only the former is part of the parliament?
- The 2023 Saspearian General Election began on January 27 and will end at midnight Unueco Time on the 29th. All six seats in parliament are up for election. The election is one seat short of having candidates, which is one seat in the province of Logejo, which is scheduled to be filled in through a special election or an appointment soon, according to Emperor Anthony I. The last general election for parliament was held...
- Dracul, Cycoldia, and other nearby micronations in Houston are currently searching for damage after a tornado was confirmed by the US National Weather Service. Dracul and others are reporting no injuries and...
- The following is a bulletin of intermicronational news brought to you in part by Statistic-Dime. The following is an excerpt from the press release from Statistic-Dime...
- It was ten years ago today – 20 January 2013 – that His Imperial Majesty Emperor Jonathan I ascended to the Austenasian Throne. To mark this momentous occasion, today’s Imperial Ascension Day – an annual public holiday – has been declared the start of a Decennalia year, during which various celebratory events will take place...
- The Basileia of the Romans is in mourning following the death of the last King of the Hellenes, Constantine II. He was the last monarch of the Greek royal family and the last King of Greece. He passed away at the age of 82 this past Tuesday...
- The Micro Improvement podcast is set to return this Friday evening, with Host Stephen Luke and Molossia’s President Kevin Baugh discussing, “How to not take yourself so seriously” for micronationalists...
- The 2023 year brings massive changes for Dracul; changes that the Commonwealth and many in the country have never seen. Many within the nation, as well as the community have their eyes glued on the developments...
- On the 3rd of January, 2023, Australis returned to the greater micronational community - With some changes. The Grand Duchy is no more - The nation is now known as the Second Commonwealth of Australis, and its leader, Daniel Hamilton, is now the President of Australis. In this article...
- 28 Jan - Official diplomatic relations between Sancratosia and Saint-Castin
- 27 Jan - Grebnar national radio "Radio Vityok" scheduled to air by the end of February
- 27 Jan - First Slitronian stamps arrive
- 27 Jan - The Onopolissian Local Table Tennis Tournament begins, for the first time in the country's history.
- 24 Jan - Sendersian government has launched a website for foreigners
- 23 Jan - United New England Micronations Far Right Notice
- 22 Jan - Græcia becomes the first micronation to pay their respects to His Majesty King Constantine II of the Hellenes
- 22 Jan - Snow damage in Bolgajna.
- 17 Jan - Nationalist rebels in Ausveria declare victory against Excelsior in the Second Ausverian Civil War
- 13 Jan - United New England Micronations Current Inactivity Notice
Analysis and opinions
- Multipolar World 12 Jan - Micronations and Lèse Majesté laws
- Austenasian Imperial Majesty 25 Dec - The Emperor's Christmas Broadcast 2022
- Adammic Online Broadcasting 25 Dec - The Emperor's Christmas Broadcast
- Stephen Luke 27 Oct - Micronational warfare: What is it good for and when is it suitable?
- The Assayer 2 Oct – Did I ever tell you about the time I was an Emperor?
- Bruce Cooper 22 Sep - Is Dracul a Monarchy? Who is President?
- The Penn Press 15 Sep - Statement on Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
- KTV: Answering Your Questions 13 Sep - Opinion: Should Arazania be considered a Kaetanian Protectorate?
- Sendersia 27 Jan - Sendersian patriotic warsong - We're not afraid of you, Krlesia!
- Micro Improvement 13 Jan - Why So Serious, with Kevin Baugh
- All Endings- Rank Republic of MMBS 16 Oct - The alternate history of Osztróvia Province
- Micro Improvement 26 Sep - S2E2: Proper Planning
- Dracul 26 Sep - Highlights from Dracul’s 5th Birthday
- Dracul 25 Sep - Dracul’s 5 Year Adventure (2017-2022)
- The Bran House 24 Sep - Chancellor Luke reflects upon 5 years of Dracul’s existence
- Televiziunea Snagoveanŭ 19 Sep - National Anthem of the Snagovian Federation - Do not fear, my comrade