Welcome to MicroWiki
MicroWiki is the largest online encyclopædia about micronations, small and often rather eccentric nations that are unrecognised by the wider international community. The wiki is being continually improved and updated by 63,653 editors, with content being moderated by a small group of staff and funded by our generous Patrons. Since its creation on 27 May 2005, the site has grown to become the largest micronation-related website on the Internet, with a total of 198,572 pages and 37,332 articles, of which 118 have achieved good article status. Before you start editing, it is recommended that you take a look at our content disclaimer, basic rules of editing, and the nation page guide.
Republic of Suverska
Suverska (/suːvɛərskə/; lit. northern sovereign land), officially the Republic of Suverska and formerly the Republic of Suwerenny, was an unrecognised state and one of the longest active micronations in Western Canada. With a population of 59 and an area of 4.20 km², Suverska consisted of two regions, Agionoros and Meteora, which were made up of enclaves and exclaves located within the Canadian province of Saskatchewan. The land that is now Suverska was inhabited by various groups of indigenous peoples for thousands of years prior to European colonisation. European settlement in the area can be traced back to the 1840s, and the region was incorporated into Canada in 1870. (more...)
The Government of the Geovannian Union placed the Flag of Lundenwic next to the Geovannian State Flag in the Capital on the occasion of Lundener Independence Day. Lundenwic was one of the first micronations to recognize Geovannia, officially establishing diplomatic relations on 21 October 2016.
This month in history
- Establishment - Holy Empire of New Israel (1 Mar 2013); Kingdom of Überstadt (6 Mar 2010); Empire of Førvania (10 Mar 2015); Republic of Unicornia (10 Mar 2020); Cheslovian Federation (11 Mar 2003); Kingdom of Wellmoore (14 Mar 2020); Zephyrila (18 Mar 1975); Democratic Kingdom of Subejia (18 Mar 2020); Empire of Qootärlænt (20 Mar 2008); Republic of Ultamiya, Democratic Environmental Society of Senya, Communist Republic of Dallingrad (27 Mar 2010)
- Unknown - Civil war breaks out in the Midget Empire (2003).
- 4th - Black March begins with the declaration of the Somplenese-Molossian War. Other conflicts to break out this month include the Meissner Antifan War, the War over POMHB, and the Altanian War (2009).
- 5th - HM King Declan I appoints Ciaran of Moylurg the third King of Thebes (2010).
- 7th - The Austenasian Civil War breaks out as the Vestry Conference fails in reaching an agreement between Princess Caroline and the government of Emperor Esmond III over the claim of the former to the Austenasian Throne (2010); Declan I of Moylurg unites the Kingdoms of Moylurg, Taklamacan, and Corran into the short-lived Empire of Moylurg, the direct predecessor of the Kingdom of Wilcsland (2010).
- 13th -
- Theodia begins a national lockdown to prevent further spread of SARS-CoV-2 (2020).
- Azwariq Qadri take the King's throne of Subejia because Raja Sasuke died (2020).
- 15th - The Midget Army, with the help of the Word Life Gang, finally defeats the Girly Gang in a battle at the Grove Park, finally ending the First Boys vs Girls War after ten months of conflict (2004).
- 21st - The Zonian Confederacy joins the Federal Commonwealth of Sirocco as a group of three provinces known collectively as the Dominion of Zona (2012).
- 22nd - A Treaty of Annexation is signed, giving Austenasia permission to annex South Kilttown the following month (2009).
- 26th - The Second Rovian Empire is formed (2022).
- 30th - Foreign Secretary of Leylandiistan Fionnbarra Ó Cathail makes a state visit to Lithuania and the Republic of Užupis, a micronation in Lithuania. (2013)
Did you know...
- ... that MicroWiki was founded by Fabian Schneider on 27 May 2005?
- ... that Michael Bates was held hostage by German and Dutch mercenaries during an attempted invasion of the Principality of Sealand?
- ... that the Republic of Molossia claims to be at war with the long defunct East Germany, alleging that the state still exists on Ernst Thälmann Island?
- ... that Jonathan I, Emperor of Austenasia, purchased MicroWiki on 13 May 2014?
- ... that Wendatia has had four presidents within the span of a few months?
- ... that while Austenasia has both a House of Representatives and a Senate, only the former is part of the parliament?
- Physical trade with other nations began Monday morning, as the department of state announced their new list of trade items, according to Chancellor Stephen Luke in a Twitter statement. Physical items, as well as digital were included on the list...
- Honorary Subjects of Austenasia who have held this status for a certain amount of time will from now on be able to apply to the Home Office for naturalisation, thereby becoming non-residential subjects with full Austenasian national status. For most of Austenasian history, the only way for a non-resident to become an Austenasian was for an Act of Parliament to be passed specifically authorising it...
- In a mega reshuffle and expansion of the union council of ministers headed by Prime Minister Farhaz Hazarika, two new ministers were sworn-in into office. This is the first expansion of the union council of ministers since its formation on 12 November 2022 after the general election.
- Soon after granting royal assent to the Governorship Act, 2023 which created provisions for the position of the state governors, a largely ceremonial position in the states. The governors are to be the agents and representatives of the Rashtradhyaksh and the central government in the states and are to act as a bridge of communication between the centre and the states.
- The Basileía of the Romans today celebrates the XXVth Day of the Basileús, the birthday of the nation's Basileús and Autokrátor Emmanuel I & II.
- Whether in the public eye or behind the scenes, multiple individuals have contributed in various ways to further the development and success of the Penn Federal Republic. Whether directly or indirectly, domestic or foreign, the success of the Pennian state can be attributed to dozens of individuals...
- In a shocking development, the Based Commonwealth, a political union between four countries, has dissolved just days after its second anniversary...
- The Dracul Weather Channel, which broadcasts twice a week on Dracul 1 YouTube, is looking to start their first TV series this coming April. The channel, which initially started as a weekly weather service...
- 26 Mar - Government of the Republic of Kichi deeply regrets the severance of diplomatic relations between Honduras and the Republic of China.
- 23 Mar - New Boulder puts a ban on firearms nationwide.
- 22 Mar - The story of the Bolgánys. Part 1 - Where does the word bolgány come from?
- 22 Mar - The possibilities of Artificial Intelligence in Bolgajna
- 19 Mar - Lomoria celebrates its second anniversary
- 17 Mar - King wishes a happy birthday to The Duchess of Swifty Creek.
- 17 Mar - Alrodnia National Percentage Agency held an Alrodnia’s Election survey for foreigners
- 15 Mar - Monarch and former regent met in Pilsen
- 14 Mar - Græcia establishes a Protectorate in the Republic of Poseidonia (in Hellenic)
- 14 Mar - Border markings vandalised and website launched
Analysis and opinions
- Titus Pergeleus 13 Feb - Opinion: Misinformation campaign against Rhōmanía will fail.
- Stephen Luke 12 Feb - Opinion: Are Chinese Balloons Threats to Micronations and Others?
- Multipolar World 12 Jan - Micronations and Lèse Majesté laws
- Austenasian Imperial Majesty 25 Dec - The Emperor's Christmas Broadcast 2022
- Adammic Online Broadcasting 25 Dec - The Emperor's Christmas Broadcast
- Stephen Luke 27 Oct - Micronational warfare: What is it good for and when is it suitable?
- The Assayer 2 Oct – Did I ever tell you about the time I was an Emperor?
- Bruce Cooper 22 Sep - Is Dracul a Monarchy? Who is President?
- Micro Improvement 17 Feb - How To MicroWiki with Charles Ross
- Sendersia 4 Feb - Kybistani volunteers training video
- Micro Improvement 27 Jan - Micronational Burnout
- Sendersia 27 Jan - Sendersian patriotic warsong - We're not afraid of you, Krlesia!
- Micro Improvement 13 Jan - Why So Serious, with Kevin Baugh
- All Endings- Rank Republic of MMBS 16 Oct - The alternate history of Osztróvia Province
- Micro Improvement 26 Sep - S2E2: Proper Planning
- Dracul 26 Sep - Highlights from Dracul’s 5th Birthday