This page documents an English MicroWiki policy.
It describes a widely accepted standard that all editors should normally follow. Changes made to it should reflect consensus.
MicroWiki shall provide links for children and adults to seek out help and support in their respective nations and regions. Everyone is entitled to a safe and engaging community, if you feel you are need of help or need to report something that makes you feel uncomfortable please follow this link, Child Helpline International. If you have any concerns or issues and need to report them, contact a member of the MicroWiki administration team.
On occasions where safeguarding has reached points of questioning of legality, all information will be shared with the proper authorities, all conversation regarding any safeguarding incident is strongly opposed to for the safety of those involved and any investigation.
Minimum age requirement
MicroWiki users must be at least 13 years of age, in compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and to protect the privacy of children. MicroWiki takes the protection of children's privacy seriously and is committed to complying with COPPA regulations. This policy ensures that MicroWiki users are at least 13 years of age and helps protect the privacy of children who use the site.
- MicroWiki prohibits the creation of accounts by individuals under the age of 13.
- MicroWiki will use reasonable efforts to verify the age of users who register on the site, in compliance with COPPA.
- In the event that MicroWiki discovers that a user created an account while under the age of 13, the user's account will be immediately terminated and all personal information associated with that account will be deleted, regardless of the age of the user since the creation of said account.
- Any user who suspects that an account on MicroWiki was created by an individual under the age of 13 is encouraged to report this to the MicroWiki administrators, who will investigate and take appropriate action.
- MicroWiki will not be held responsible for any user who lies about their age during account registration.
MicroWiki is committed to promoting the safety and privacy of all users, including those under the age of 18. This policy encourages the use of pseudonyms or screen names for users under the age of 18 and reminds all users of the importance of protecting their personal information online.
- MicroWiki encourages users under the age of 18 to use pseudonyms or screen names, rather than their real names when registering an account on the site.
- When selecting a pseudonym or screen name, users are encouraged to choose a name that is not easily identifiable, such as their full name or their school name.
- Users are prohibited from using a pseudonym or a screen name that is offensive or inappropriate in any way.
- MicroWiki will use reasonable efforts to protect the privacy of all users, including those under the age of 18, and will not disclose any personal information without the user's consent, except as required by law.
- Parents or guardians of users under the age of 18 are encouraged to monitor their child's activity on MicroWiki and to discuss the importance of online safety and privacy with them.
MicroWiki administrators shall ensure all one-on-one online interactions between staff and children are transparent with important information that must be shared with identifying information removed to protect anyone, as well as being aware of the contents of the pdf provided and being aware of safeguarding policies and programs from around the world as well as constantly looking to better the policies and practices used in safeguarding, BSA Safeguarding Policies, this is one such example of information staff are required to read, information is always changing and will be updated accordingly.
- MicroWiki administrators are expected to conduct themselves professionally and respectfully when interacting with children who use the site.
- Administrators are prohibited from engaging in any behaviour that could be perceived as inappropriate, including but not limited to, sexual advances, inappropriate language, or sharing of inappropriate materials.
- Any reports of inappropriate behaviour by an administrator towards a child will be investigated promptly and thoroughly. If the report is found to be true, the administrator may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of their account.
- Administrators are encouraged to report any concerns about the safety or well-being of a child to the appropriate authorities, such as law enforcement or child protective services.
- Administrators must comply with all applicable laws and regulations related to the safety and protection of children, including but not limited to, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
MicroWiki shall update its safeguarding policies to reflect the new realities for children and micronationalists learning, playing and engaging in activities in the community every year and following any major incident in the community where policies were lacking.
These policies are up to date as of 30 November 2023.