(Redirected from Independent politician)Jump to navigation Jump to search
An independent politician is an individual not affiliated to any of a nation's political parties who decides to stand for a political office for which they are eligible. A person can be independent for many reasons including:
- Conflicting views with all parties,
- Failure to win a nomination
- A way to run for political office without subjecting to a party's rules and jurisdiction.
- In some nations (e.g. Shireroth ,Sultanate of Unova and the Usian Republic), political parties are forbidden. Furthermore in some nations political parties are not specifically forbidden but instead contain non-partisan legislatures. One example of this is the Free Empire of Highland, where all citizens have seats and have no option to sit in party groups.
Notable independent micronationalists
This list is incomplete, you can help MicroWiki by expanding it.
- Devon J. Kearney - Republic of Plymouth
- H Whittingham - Free Empire of Highland
- Crown Prince Daniel - Empire of Adammia
- Nicholas Randouler - Kingdom of Auvenum Prime Director
- Jason Keourac - Democratic Republic of Seybold
- Ariff Daniel - Sultanate of Unova
- James Irwin - Roscamistan, former President from 18 May 2021 to 23 June 2021
- John Papadopoulos - Melite